Announcement Please Help & Reply To Unanswered Threads

For the rehoming threads, if they are in the right place and give the necessary information, I don't think they really need an answer (except from someone who wants the bird in question.)

For the other threads, that is why it is good to have many different people look: none of us knows everything, but all of us together have quite a lot of knowledge. So we can each answer the things we do know, and between us we manage to provide answers to most questions.
I just tell them what I do to get rid of extra roosters, which is post them in the chicken groups I'm in on Facebook that are in my state or my section of the state. That's where I sell the baby silkies I hatch as well. For selling, you just can't be obvious or list prices on Facebook and people should message. The other ideas are to look for poultry swaps nearby. We drive to one that's an hour away to sell chicks sometimes. Lastly, when desperate, I tried Craig's List and was shocked to get 3 people interested. I've used them twice and had success both times.

I do this because maybe they don't know about the groups or the swaps, and I give them ideas. Secondly, it gets rid of the post in the unanswered list. ☺️

nuthatched
179​
sourland
153​
Wyorp Rock
145​
Eggcessive
126​
Kiki
103​
casportpony
98​
Tookie
95​
Jenbirdee
95​
JedJackson
92​
-Chanticleer-
74​
TwoCrows
72​
SmiYa0126
70​
LTAY1946
64​
DobieLover
64​
SilverBirds
64​
Miss Lydia
56​
Gigachad poultry
54​
Debbie292d
52​
NatJ
49​
oldhenlikesdogs
48​
And here, I've been trying to cut back on BYC time.....😶‍🌫️

I just tell them what I do to get rid of extra roosters, which is post them in the chicken groups I'm in on Facebook that are in my state or my section of the state. That's where I sell the baby silkies I hatch as well. For selling, you just can't be obvious or list prices on Facebook and people should message. The other ideas are to look for poultry swaps nearby. We drive to one that's an hour away to sell chicks sometimes. Lastly, when desperate, I tried Craig's List and was shocked to get 3 people interested. I've used them twice and had success both times.

I do this because maybe they don't know about the groups or the swaps, and I give them ideas. Secondly, it gets rid of the post in the unanswered list. ☺️
If you want to see the list without sale threads, I think this link works:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/pages/unanswered/

Yes, what you are suggesting is probably helpful for people rehoming roosters.

But it can be tempting to give a reply that doesn't really help, just to get a thread off the list. So I have to watch myself, and make sure I am giving answers that actually are helpful, not just kicking threads off the list. I have occasionally seen other people slip into this too (I am not saying you personally did that, just a general observation that it sometimes happens.)

If you want to see the list without sale threads, I think this link works:

Yes, what you are suggesting is probably helpful for people rehoming roosters.

But it can be tempting to give a reply that doesn't really help, just to get a thread off the list. So I have to watch myself, and make sure I am giving answers that actually are helpful, not just kicking threads off the list. I have occasionally seen other people slip into this too (I am not saying you personally did that, just a general observation that it sometimes happens.)
Well, it's two-fold as yes, trying to clean up the list as the view I had was all of them, but also because I feel bad for them getting no answer and think maybe they do not know other places to try.

I mainly watch for the Wisconsin ones. I've bookmarked your link and will check that as it sure saves time too! Thank you!

Wow, only three unanswered threads!
1693071374294.png

Back
Top Bottom