Announcement Please Help & Reply To Unanswered Threads

Pics
I haven't read this entire thread, so my apologies if this has been mentioned.
In the Emergencies forum, I think there is an issue that is common.
Some of us want to help but:
a. We worry that we know enough to help a little but not enough to resolve the issue or don't want to suggest something that may be wrong...
AND/OR
b. We want to (at least) post to say, "I read your post, hang in there" (or some bit of info that is helpful - if not a solution) BUT if they DO post, the thread will then show a response (in the list of posts) and a more experienced person might skip over it.

Maybe there should be a box to tick (or something similar) that the OP can check when they feel they have the answer they need. Then others should be made aware that the poster still needs help unless the post is marked "resolved".

Honestly, I think more people would be willing to at least try to help - but don't want to ruin the poster's chances of getting help by someone more knowledgeable. And some people who can help may see a post has many replies and so assumes the issue is resolved.

Right now I see quite a few unanswered threads that need help. Could some of you help out by replying to the people who need urgent help?
https://www.backyardchickens.com/find-threads/unanswered
There are a lot of people who need help with hatching chicks, and I don't know much about that, so hopefully some other people (who know what they're doing) will come along. :)

There are 5 pages of unanswered threads right now.

Thanks!
- Jessa

Back
Top Bottom