Please help! Something attacked my hen!

She will be beautiful again, it just takes lots of time and patience. My girl ate neosoprin without the pain relief, every time I put it on her and It never had a negative effect on her. I even checked BYC to see if it was safe to eat. No one had anything negative to say. My girl was so bad off, I figured I had only something to gain by trying. I would keep using Neosporin to promote granulation in that open area on your hen. I also have new feathers coming back on her thigh, as the skin continues to cover more and more of the thigh. The gashes have healed for the most part. I filled them with Neosporin as well.
Good luck with your girl, Chickens are smart and resilient animals, and it sounds like she has gotten great care from you. Sit back, continue what you have been doing and pat yourself on the back for saving your hen. You have done a great job as far as I can see. :hugs

She will be beautiful again, it just takes lots of time and patience. My girl ate neosoprin without the pain relief, every time I put it on her and It never had a negative effect on her. I even checked BYC to see if it was safe to eat. No one had anything negative to say. My girl was so bad off, I figured I had only something to gain by trying. I would keep using Neosporin to promote granulation in that open area on your hen. I also have new feathers coming back on her thigh, as the skin continues to cover more and more of the thigh. The gashes have healed for the most part. I filled them with Neosporin as well.
Good luck with your girl, Chickens are smart and resilient animals, and it sounds like she has gotten great care from you. Sit back, continue what you have been doing and pat yourself on the back for saving your hen. You have done a great job as far as I can see. :hugs
Thank you thank you so much for this! I needed to hear this! I’ve had a rough few weeks with my flock between this, crop issue and bumblefoot but treated them all with success! This one is taking the longest and I keep wondering if I’m doing it all correctly. I’ll continue doing what I’m doing and be patient. Hopefully she will love me again after it all! She is not a fan of mine right now 😂😂 Thank you again for all the support.

Hi Friends! Quick update on Lilac! Just like everyone said and reassured me of… Lilac is doing so well! Her wound is now nearly closed and she is regrowing feathers back from her molt! She is confident again although still a bit skiddish of me! (All the wound cleanings) 😂 Mildred has been a good girl and hasn’t mounted anyone as far as I know! Everyone is feeling happy again! Especially me! Thank you all again so much! Hoping I can help others as much as you’ve all helped me 💕

Hi everyone! I thought I’d give you a final update on Lilac! She is 100% healed and wow… gorgeous again! Thank you so very much! Now she is just showing off! 😍🐓

Attachments

• 1CFEB9BB-776D-420B-AB8F-E3DAC8AD96F6.jpeg
    1CFEB9BB-776D-420B-AB8F-E3DAC8AD96F6.jpeg
    694.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 1540AF98-D3EE-49BE-82BF-E469DDF13AFD.jpeg
    1540AF98-D3EE-49BE-82BF-E469DDF13AFD.jpeg
    668 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom