Please Help - STAY OF DESTRUCTON OF RARE BREED POULTRY.

Chooks, I am questioning it just as much as you.....honestly I have no idea.lol.

To us it seems to simple but they would have a really good reason for doing it, they are not going to just destroy a 10 year project over nothing.
sad.png
It really does just suck but there is nothing we can do now, I guess it will just happen and we will have to wait for the next importation....in another 10 years!

Yeah, I keep thinking surely they must have a good reason, surely it's a better one than '3 chicks were infected' with something already in Australia... We can hope. But unfortunately 'legislation' counts as a 'good reason' despite often being incredibly outdated and inaccurately founded.

Now I'm even keener on the idea of Australia working on an entirely new breed. If I get chooks from all around Australia, they'll have different genes turned on or off by their different environment, so over time we ought to be producing something new. Hopefully hardier, and so on. Why bother with purebreds. There are some good genes in different breeds but it seems pretty doomed right now. Wasteful. >:[

Back
Top Bottom