Please help - stick tight flea I think???

Wow, she even looks happier!
big_smile.png
She is lucky to have a good chicken mom like you. (Note to self: Get some sevin dust next time you're in civilization...)

stick tight fleas are still fleas, it ought to work- but it won't kill lice like Sevin/carbaryl & pyrethrin would, so poultry dust or sevin dust would still be my go to product for external chicken bugs.....

and I agree with the other posts about using frontine in food animals, the less of it getting into the environment the better. There are less long lived things that work fine to use.

Quote:

Last edited:
Hey All - I don't know if this will post to all of you lovely people that responded to me in my hour of 'meltdown' when we first got our chickens back in December, but after treating the ground and our chickens with sevin we have had no more stick=tight flea problems, we have some very healthy chooks with excellent egg production (6 eggs/day from our 6 hens) and we have just hatched to little babies from our first incubation run ... how exciting is that!!!! So thank you everyone (if you get this reply
smile.png
) and I will post some pics soon:)
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

Ok here is my advise I have battled this for years and have tried all sorts of things. For the chickens 7 dust is best and when all the fleas are off apply the petroleum jelly, even if you think they are gone because trust me they are not wait till it gets real hot out. As for the coop and yard if you let them out is to TOTALLY submerge the ground with water. I flood out my pens and the surrounding area so the ground is about a foot deep of wetness. I know this sounds silly but I have tried 7 dust, malathyon, flea sprays, and I eve had a company come out and I still have them. I noticed today they are coming back inforce my daughter has baby ones crawling on her now. This is such a pain in the ___ to deal with. Those of you that have never dealt with this have no idea it is not a normal flea it once it's on you it's there to stay till you pluck it out. Your normal things to take care of fleas do not take care of this. I had a black chicken that was given to me 4 years ago and she died when I looked closely at her I learned of my now ongoing problem I truely believe these sticktights litterally sucked the life out of her. They blended into her so I never noticed. Shame on me never again will I be so blind I hope what I have written could help someone and if anyone could offer advise on how to take care of the coop and yard problem that would be great because they now jump on my dogs and me and my kids they even sometimes get on the goat.

Florida the Sunshine State. Not a lot of people around here have this issue but the people that do have just as much of a hard time getting rid of them it is a constant battle

Back
Top Bottom