Please Help. Temp Question

derricknapril

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 18, 2009
Oxford, GA
I had one egg hatch about an hour ago. He has been flopping around like a fish out of water and chirping still is. Is this normal? He has moved all the eggs around like crazy will they be ok? Also since he hatched I have a still air bator and the temp that was steady at 101 is dropped to 97-98 should I turn it back up or will it go back since it is still set? Please help I dont want to harm the other eggs. Thanks

Last edited:
The temp went down due to higher humidity. It will correct itself out in time. If you adjust it the temp will be to hot when the humidity level drops back down. The babies act like acrobats. It will be fine and also encourages the other eggs to get to hatching. Good luck.
Nancy

Ok yeah it is trying to come back up some. I am going on day 24 none of the other eggs have tried doing anything since he hatched last night, would it be safe to say they are probably not going to hatch. My temps held steady according to the themometer at 99.5 I read on here that for a still air should have been 101. It will casuse them to hatch later. He is not completely dry. Should I remove him or continue to wait a little longer on the others? Thanks

I am no expert, but I would wait another day or two and then candle and listen to them (sometimes you can hear them peeping and or tapping inside the egg) before giving up.
Nancy

Back
Top Bottom