Please help! Urgent emergency!

ChickenDog0421

Chirping
Apr 6, 2016
Washington
Hi everyone, I have a 5 day old chick here and she’s acting strange. Not like any sick chick I’ve seen but not like a normal active chick either. She is the loudest one out of all my others. She is constantly peeping very loud while standing up but she always has her eyes closed. She has plenty of heat and lots of food and water but for some reason she’s just not thriving. She’s gotten pasty butt once and I cleaned it but now that I’m looking at her, her butt is very swollen and looks like it’s pulsating. She also has a very weird bump under her butt that looks like her skin and not poop. Any ideas on how I could help her?

E020D534-AA5A-4FE3-9CE7-545DB1D22B08.jpeg

Hate to sound like Debby Downer, but there may not be anything you can do, as this may just be a birth defect that cannot be fixed. Although, I am not an expert. Hopefully you will get some expert advice soon. Good luck and So sorry to hear you are having to go through this.

Hate to sound like Debby Downer, but there may not be anything you can do, as this may just be a birth defect that cannot be fixed. Although, I am not an expert. Hopefully you will get some expert advice soon. Good luck and So sorry to hear you are having to go through this.
I agree.... I think it sounds like something that can't be fixed. :hugs

BTW
The lower bump is just a normal looking belly button. .. umbilical cord stump. .. that is not the issue.

Hi everyone, I have a 5 day old chick here and she’s acting strange. Not like any sick chick I’ve seen but not like a normal active chick either. She is the loudest one out of all my others. She is constantly peeping very loud while standing up but she always has her eyes closed. She has plenty of heat and lots of food and water but for some reason she’s just not thriving. She’s gotten pasty butt once and I cleaned it but now that I’m looking at her, her butt is very swollen and looks like it’s pulsating. She also has a very weird bump under her butt that looks like her skin and not poop. Any ideas on how I could help her?
What is the temperature in the brooder?

Back
Top Bottom