Please help w my mutt!

JulesFlock

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jan 2, 2015
This bird is odd...always has been. I think it's an EE roo but at 18 or 19 weeks all I hear is loud clucking. Small light comb and skittish as anything. Everything about it says he minus the crowing. Can you confirm? Thank you!!!

It is a rooster. In this particular bird, the brown/red feathers on his neck and back are rooster type feathers coming up.

they mature at different rates. He will be crowing when his hormones and body are reaching sexual maturity.

Thank you for the quick reply! All the other roosters I've had were crowing away by 10-14 weeks so I thought this one is really late.

Yeah he could be a late bloomer in combination with his apparent nervousness, he might be pretty low in ranking.. if the others are dominating him it can suppress his sexual maturity for a while longer. For example if all other roos disappeared, it;s pretty likely he would start crowing the same day/next day or within a week.

It is a rooster. In this particular bird, the brown/red feathers on his neck and back are rooster type feathers coming up.

they mature at different rates. He will be crowing when his hormones and body are reaching sexual maturity.

X2 on Kev's post.

Back
Top Bottom