Please Help! What did I bring home?!?

theyogachick

Hatching
6 Years
Sep 5, 2013
Hello All!
I recently brought home 2 Black Copper Maran chicks.....AND 2 unidentified breed chicks. I didn't intend to, was only going to get the BCM's..... but these were the last 4 chicks, they had hatched the same day, been living together for a full 5 days
smile.png
, and I just couldn't bring myself to leave the 2 little cuties behind!
We only have experience with Silkies, so I'm not even educated enough to make a guess as to what breed they are. Any info or guesses you have would be greatly appreciated!
Sorry if the pics aren't the best..... in these pics, both chicks are 2 weeks old. The first 2 pics are of "Pancake" (the brown / coppery one), and the 2nd two pics are of "Rosie" (yellow head w/black stripe)

Thanks!

Not sure what the "unknowns" are, but was really nice of you to take them along with the others,,, ask who you got them from, might get a better answer.

Just to add to my post.....The man I got them from wasn't sure what they were either.....he had ordered some hatching eggs, thinking they would all be BCM's and these 2 little ones surprised him too. They're growing fast, if we can't figure it out with this post, I'll post an update in another week or 2.
jumpy.gif

welcome-byc.gif

Do your bcm chicks have feathered legs? if not, I'm thinking the first bird is a wheaton Marans, apparently the black coppers toss wheatons out every so often. Whatever it is, it's going to be wheaton or partridge colored.

Second chick I have no idea, but I'm guessing some mixed colors of Marans.

welcome-byc.gif

Do your bcm chicks have feathered legs? if not, I'm thinking the first bird is a wheaton Marans, apparently the black coppers toss wheatons out every so often. Whatever it is, it's going to be wheaton or partridge colored.

Second chick I have no idea, but I'm guessing some mixed colors of Marans.

Hmmmm.....I don't think they have feathered legs. They're only 2 weeks old, and they're nestled in their brooder right now so I can't really see if any feathers seem to be sprouting from their legs! Thanks for the input, I really appreciate it!

So that means your unknowns shouldn't be crop outs, or they'd have feathered legs also. Other than that, I got nothing. I'd love to see pics as they continue to grow!

Back
Top Bottom