Please help! What do I have?

ahollie

Hatching
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
So glad that I found this site! I am new to chickens and I love my backyard flock. I have two chickens that I hatched and 9 that I purchased from a local family farm. I have what I assume to be 9 definate pullets. All of my folks are about 14 weeks. Two are a mystery to me as far as gender. I have 2 mixed breed birds - probably Egyptian Fayoumi and somthing else, 4 Barred Rocks and 5 Ameraucanas. 2 of my Ameraucanas are confusing me. Please help! Both have longer tail feathers and are more aggressive toward one another, but there is absolutely NO CROWING! And they are not very dominant. No so much so that I have noticed a huge difference from the rest of the flock and their combs are not more pronounced at all. I am at a loss.

Thanks!
smile.png

welcome-byc.gif

Pictures would help a lot!
lol.png

From what I have read Ameraucana/EE's take longer to sex than other breeds.

65397_photo0123.jpg

Here they are! Sorry that you really can't see anything. Once they get into the compost pile, they avoid me while digging for bugs! This picture is HUGE!!! lol

Last edited:
3, oh no! Only the two have been going at it and ruffling their neck feathers or guarding the ladies. You see another one?

I agree I just not to long ago went through that and yes right before the girls start to lay they will crow. You have 3 roo's and they are loud. Mine is and deep when he does is wake up call.

Back
Top Bottom