Please help! What's wrong with my chicken?

oshilo88

Songster
7 Years
Dec 5, 2015
Hi! I have a 5 month old Speckled sussex hen. She is acting weird... standing in one place, with her eyes closed. She was eating and drinking, today she refuses to eat...I gave her Corid for a few days, doesn't seem it helps her... does anyone know what disease she might have? Please help. I have many chickens, she is the only one having this....

Attachments

• 20190924_090848.jpg
    20190924_090848.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190924_090844.jpg
    20190924_090844.jpg
    882.6 KB · Views: 7
Sorry, but with no other symptoms, there are about 100 or so things that could be the problem so there is no way to guess.
Coccidiosis shouldn't affect a bird that old that has been on the property for a while so I wouldn't expect Corid to help.
Standing with eyes closed means they are very ill and may not last long.
Do you have any avian vets with poultry experience nearby?
If she passes, it would be a good idea to have a necropsy and lab work done to know what killed her. What state are you in?

Sorry, but with no other symptoms, there are about 100 or so things that could be the problem so there is no way to guess.
Coccidiosis shouldn't affect a bird that old that has been on the property for a while so I wouldn't expect Corid to help.
Standing with eyes closed means they are very ill and may not last long.
Do you have any avian vets with poultry experience nearby?
If she passes, it would be a good idea to have a necropsy and lab work done to know what killed her. What state are you in?
I am in OHIO

Here's one of your state poultry labs. I would make contract with them.

Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory

Ohio Department of Agriculture

8995 East Main St., Bldg. # 6

Reynoldsburg, Ohio 43068-3342

Phone: 614-728-6220

Back
Top Bottom