[[PLEASE HELP]] when can you tell?

TinyTotsSeramas

Songster
8 Years
Jun 21, 2011
Smithsburg
On July 19th,2011 at 12am I set 16 Button Quail eggs..
I just candled 3 of them and one I couldnt see through (I guess the shell is too dark or thicker, there is about 3 like that, that I know of but you cant see the light come through..)
and the other 2 where I have the "O" marked on the egg, there is a little red spot with veins branching off of it.. does this mean that the babies are growing?! at 3 days would you even be able to tell or is there something else going on? Please help me!!

Why are you candling so soon? I would wait at least a week. Yes, veins mean the chicks are developing. The less you mess with the eggs, the better your chances for a good outcome. I know it's exciting but try to be patient.;-)

Quote:
I candled them today because I believe I mentioned in an earlier post (it might have been through a PM though) that my MIL handled them rough when I had them settling (she apparently didnt like where I had them sitting even though it wasnt hurting anything) so I was just checking the eggs that I had marked as a consern (ones that were jostled around worse) and thats when I noticed the spots and veining and didnt know if it was bad or good. she actually cracked one of my eggs, but my DH told me if nothing is leaking out then just put it in the incubator (a little homemader) and yesterday we had an argument over weather it will hatch or not and now he had a bet on it that it will.. even though you cant really have a bet if the other person doesnt bet back
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom