Please help

iPhone torches are great for candling :highfive:

I'm afraid looking at your pic the egg looks to be clear and not developing :( I only see yolk there.

I know this is a lighter egg but you can usually see the embryo moving by day 7

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

iPhone torches are great for candling :highfive:

I'm afraid looking at your pic the egg looks to be clear and not developing :( I only see yolk there.

I know this is a lighter egg but you can usually see the embryo moving by day 7

[VIDEO]
[/VIDEO]

That egg was not properly incubated from the start anyways but the second and third egg were incubated as soon as I had them. I turn them 5 or more times a day and I keep them at a high temperature as well as keeping the humidity up, do you think these eggs will have a chance of developing?

That egg was not properly incubated from the start anyways but the second and third egg were incubated as soon as I had them. I turn them 5 or more times a day and I keep them at a high temperature as well as keeping the humidity up, do you think these eggs will have a chance of developing?

I'm not sure what you mean by not incubated properly from the start? You can store eggs prior to incubation so that you can set them all on the same day so they have the same hatch date. 7 days storage is usually best but you can set eggs up to 2 weeks old.

I'm afraid your day 10 egg looks like it will not develop and possibly so with your other eggs if they look the same. But don't discard them until you are fully sure they are not developing.

What temp have you kept them at? Is your incubator forced (fan) or still air? You don't necessarily need high humidity for the first part of incubation as the eggs need to lose moisture so the air cell can grow.

Have you had a read of this ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Back
Top Bottom