Please help!

Some of the greyish areas that wraps around the top of the egg is where I have marked on the egg with a pencil. I know it looks like bruising but it isn’t.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 16
Well it is up now and I’ve got the humidity up to 72%. Hopefully things will start going a little smoother.

Did you have an opinion about the bruised baby?

Well it is up now and I’ve got the humidity up to 72%. Hopefully things will start going a little smoother.

Did you have an opinion about the bruised baby?

You already have a safety hole, right? I think I'd lay it down with the bruise upward, air cell slightly elevated. Is it internally pipped thru the membrane into the air cell? If yes, and if over 24 hours, you may want to consider removing part of the shell - just over the air cell only. If you do it, moisten the membrane with just a tad of coconut oil or Vaseline, and check the membrane for large blood vessels. Try not to rip any membrane or cause any bleeding, but try to make sure his beak is clear of any fluid. Q-tips are good to use.

I have to leave work, but will be back online in a couple of hours.

You already have a safety hole, right? I think I'd lay it down with the bruise upward, air cell slightly elevated. Is it internally pipped thru the membrane into the air cell? If yes, and if over 24 hours, you may want to consider removing part of the shell - just over the air cell only. If you do it, moisten the membrane with just a tad of coconut oil or Vaseline, and check the membrane for large blood vessels. Try not to rip any membrane or cause any bleeding, but try to make sure his beak is clear of any fluid. Q-tips are good to use.

I have to leave work, but will be back online in a couple of hours.
I did make a safety hole last night. It hasnt quite been 24 hrs yet. When i candeled the egg, he looked like he was tangeled up in veins, but still moving. I believe he has internally pipped.

Okay, so i am attaching another picture of the egg that is bruised. Hopefully it is a little better. There is DEFINITELY a live duckling inside bc he is moving (but seems to be struggling to do so). What makes it worse is that i accidentally cracked the egg slightly with my flashlight! The duckling wasnt in the spot where it hit, but there is a slight crack going around the air cell.

Attachments

• 20181210_204701.jpg
    20181210_204701.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 10
You’re positive it was independent movement of the duckling, and not from you jiggling the egg?

I’m sorry, I’ve never seen one with that much clear/yellow area and lack of veins still be alive this late in the game. Does it look that yellow in person? I also don’t see any drawdown, so if it’s still alive, it’s not even close to ready to hatch.

The egg on the bottom. I took your advice and laid it down on its side
You’re positive it was independent movement of the duckling, and not from you jiggling the egg?

I’m sorry, I’ve never seen one with that much clear/yellow area and lack of veins still be alive this late in the game. Does it look that yellow in person? I also don’t see any drawdown, so if it’s still alive, it’s not even close to ready to hatch.
Im pretty positive i saw independent movement. I could be wrong, but i thought about making sure the egg was completely still before determining i saw it move. It has been a long day, and definitely wouldnt be the first time I was wrong though! Lol. This one that has been pipped since Friday is getting upset! It wants out!

Attachments

• 15444970321275221371067164305887.jpg
    15444970321275221371067164305887.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom