Please help

Chief43

In the Brooder
Sep 14, 2020
Chief43 said:
Help !! We had 12 chickens ...lost three about 4-5 weeks apart...no blood.. no trauma They all eat the same food...two of them were the same breed...getting concerned seems like a pattern..Any ideas thanks

Chief43 said:
Help !! We had 12 chickens ...lost three about 4-5 weeks apart...no blood.. no trauma They all eat the same food...two of them were the same breed...getting concerned seems like a pattern..Any ideas thanks
Wyorp Rock said you need to provide more information...

Photos of your birds, their poop and housing.

How old are they?
What do you feed?
How are they housed?
What symptoms do you see? What are they doing?
Where are you located in the world?

Can you describe a little more of how you found them. In the coop or run? What time of day?
After you lost the three weeks ago, have you lost more?
Two were under the coop. Found them at dusk...I lock them in the coop at night... The third one was in a separate cage in the garage ..I was trying to nurse her back to health...the third one died a few days ago!!

10 months old ... I always check the computer before giving them anything to eat to make sure it’s okay...

10 months old ... I always check the computer before giving them anything to eat to make sure it’s okay...
Do you have a local vet who would be willing to do a necropsy? That is usually the best way to figure out what happened, since there are a plethora of chicken diseases / issues. Very sorry for your losses

we r in Asheville NC ..no bugs in the coop that i can see...food is fresh...bought them from a local farmer on facebook ...not sure about shots...cant find the seller back...its been about 7 months

5BA6C7A3-02F1-4164-8C5C-DE67A2A93ADC.jpeg
5BA6C7A3-02F1-4164-8C5C-DE67A2A93ADC.jpeg

I am also in North Carolina (Lincolnton) and we battle worms regularly because of the moist / humid conditions. I would guess some sort of internal parasite; I would take a fecal sample to a vet and have them checked.
When examining their bodies, did anyone seem super skinny?

Back
Top Bottom