Please help!!!

Pics
It may take several days to recover from shipping stress. I really hope they come around soon.

So it turns out that the stress went out of the window once the hair trimming around the eyes was done! now Mr. Rooster is roaming around everywhere and is very proud of himself!

one issue has arised all of a sudden.... the female who was perfectly alright is now showing signs of ND-IB. i am treating her with the same injectables.

Can you get Oregano where you are? The essential oil is best but if you have the herb you can make a tea out of it. Lavender might help keep him calm and help reduce his stress.
Give the oregano orally, 2 drops in some olive oil and slowly give it to him.
If you have Lavender herb place it around the coop. If the oil put 2 drops in your hands and rub your hands together then gently rub under his wings, on his back, and on his neck.
I tried this on a hen that had been flipped from auction to auction for 2 days and she recovered. I will not guarantee that it works but it is something to try.

I'm sorry your experiencing this with your new chickens. As you've learned never ship grown birds, if you need or want a specific breed, get them as 1 day olds. You don't know if your dealing with a previously sick pullet or Cockerel prior to shipping which those odds are against you. Your mere presence in the same room might be causing increased stress because they may not be use to humans.
Think of it this way.
You were shoved in a box, jostled around for days without water or food, you have no idea whats up or down. Then your in a new place that looks nice, but maybe its too cold or too warm inside. The water taste different and the food is weird too. They may be use to eating Purina Chick Starter crumbles and your feeding them Dumors layer pellets.
I will suggest to you to begin feeding them and offer Sav-a-chix or any electrolyte solution you have. Cook some scrambled eggs and crush up the shell into it, add a high protein feed crumble into it.
Let it cool down a little and see if they will eat it.
It will take many quiet days to recover from the voyage they experienced. I hope they make it.
Keep electrolyte water and Fresh water available all night. Tasty free food isn't a bad idea for now. Make sure you offer grit.
Watch them from afar.. stress presents itself in many forms. Give them Time and have Patience. Time will either be your friend or not.
You shall see but, next time, Never ship grown chickens.
Good luck and keep us posted.

Can you get Oregano where you are? The essential oil is best but if you have the herb you can make a tea out of it. Lavender might help keep him calm and help reduce his stress.
Give the oregano orally, 2 drops in some olive oil and slowly give it to him.
If you have Lavender herb place it around the coop. If the oil put 2 drops in your hands and rub your hands together then gently rub under his wings, on his back, and on his neck.
I tried this on a hen that had been flipped from auction to auction for 2 days and she recovered. I will not guarantee that it works but it is something to try.
yes we have oregano, i will mix in olive oil and give it right away!

i thought of lavender too but then i thought it only should work on humans and not chickens! i will try this for sure!

And these symptoms are...?
I have crackling sounds from the mouth. One loud whistle once in 1-2 hours.
But at the same time, she is eating & drinking well.
She seems slightly quieter than the other chickens.

it’s like crackling sound that you hear when you put a stethoscope on the back of a patient with lower respiratory tract infection.

im giving it salbutamol andgentatylosin. And dexamethasone

Thank you very much.
It took a total of 2-3 days for them to arrive here.
One of the females is perfectly alright.

yes I have them in a warm room.

please tell me what to do.
I am seriously freaking out right now.

So they very recently arrived?
I see the 2-3 days in shipping but how many days have they been at your place?

If they just barely arrived they could be very stressed still.

Back
Top Bottom