Please help..

Hiplady1

Hatching
May 26, 2021
Hi. I'm new to raising chickens. I purchased 2 silkies and since realized 1 was a rooster. My friend also had some so we took them for a visit. My friends roosters attacked ours and he has since developed a lump on his neck, stopped crowing, and looks sickly. Any help would be appreciated.

:welcome
I can’t help you with the injuries. But I feel sorry for you and you’re rooster and urge you to read more about chickens, what they need, how they behave and such.

Chickens are not pets like dogs. A rooster seeing another rooster thinks he has to fight him. They always behave aggressive towards another strange rooster. Ever heard of cockfighting?

Maybe there is an article about wounds in the article section that is helpfully.

:welcome
I can’t help you with the injuries. But I feel sorry for you and you’re rooster and urge you to read more about chickens, what they need, how they behave and such.

Chickens are not pets like dogs. A rooster seeing another rooster thinks he has to fight him. They always behave aggressive towards another strange rooster. Ever heard of cockfighting?

Maybe there is an article about wounds in the article section that is helpfully.
I learned a very valuable lesson. I just hope my rooster pulls through. It all happened so quickly. There was no feathers lost or major harm. I separated them as soon as it all started.

Hi. I'm new to raising chickens. I purchased 2 silkies and since realized 1 was a rooster. My friend also had some so we took them for a visit. My friends roosters attacked ours and he has since developed a lump on his neck, stopped crowing, and looks sickly. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi, first of all I'm sorry about your rooster. Looks like you were already informed about visiting being not a good idea. I'm actually curious since you're new to this if you're not feelihg his crop. Where at exactly is this lump? If it's not where the crop is, was it an area that was injured during the fight?

Hi, first of all I'm sorry about your rooster. Looks like you were already informed about visiting being not a good idea. I'm actually curious since you're new to this if you're not feelihg his crop. Where at exactly is this lump? If it's not where the crop is, was it an area that was injured during the fight?
It really wasn't a fight. They jumped at him and pecked him once or twice before I intervened. He didn't lose any feathers. I will post a picture of where it is

Back
Top Bottom