Please HELP!!!

Hi! Yes, they will be ok in a hatcher-situation together.
smile.png

Lisa
It's unanimous!

Last edited:
Lockdown will still be on day 18 of the FIRST eggs... So if you are setting them tonight, it will be on the COMPLETED 17 day which would start day 18 which would be of course Jan 18, 2011 at midnight.

does the time have to be exact?? the eggs tomorrow will be fresh and only in room temp for a few hours while the eggs ill set tonight have had only a few hours in room temp too. so it wouldnt be to much difference???

Well.. yes, you can wait. I have locked down a little late... It is all about physics during lockdown. The chick is positioning itself inside the egg for the internal pip. The moving of the turner Could impact that. However, if you read back through the pages of BYC history (and myself as well) sometimes people forget to turn off the turner and have perfectly normal hatches. The only thing that I would watch through out your incubation cycle is the temps and humidity.

After you have hatched a few, you will develop your own way to do things. This is just generally a guideline for new hatchers.

Some people would prob burn me at a stake if they knew some of the things I do during hatching.
ep.gif

You will do fine. Just remember my most fav statement... Mother nature was hatching LONG before an incubator.

Back
Top Bottom