PLEASE HELP!!!!

HannahClay17

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 16, 2012
Ok I just hatched a bunch of rouens and something is wrong with one of them she is only a day old so I'm really worried whenever she breathes she gets this little little sloshing noise and she's not moving at all I can't put her in with the other ones because they keep pushing her away from the heat lamp. And (I don't know if this has any relevance) but her left leg is backwards. I have had other ducks with this problem and I can put a "sling" on her bad leg and attach it to her good leg to bring to the correct position but I don't know what to do about the sound is it fluid in her lungs?
hit.gif
Please help.

It's nature. Not all babies are healthy enough to survive. Congrats on the hatch and sorry about the sick one, but unfortunetly thats what happens sometimes.

Yes and this has happened once before and I didn't know what to do but she lived unil about 4 months and then she just started getting really bad so I put her down and it was devastating but I'm wondering if it's genetic with mine since it has happend before.

It may be genetic, there may be some vitamin deficiencies involved.

I would give her gro-gel, or other vitamin/nutrient supplement, keep her warm with fresh water and see how it goes. Thiamine deficiency is sometimes associated with those problems.

Back
Top Bottom