Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank. I'm glad you mentioned the humidity going up as they hatch. It makes sense but I would have panicked anyways. I didn't even think of the temp lowering from the motor of the turner, but I guess it could contribute to the temp.
D.gif
If nothing is delayed and everything turns out OK, tomorrow is the big day.
FINGERS CROSSED!!!!!

Last edited:
Your welcome. I mentioned it cause I've been there and done that, and yes I did panic and tryed to correct the problem not knowing that later the humidity dropped like a rock as soon as the chicks were drying. I thought I was a terrible chicken mommy. I've learned alot since then and all of it from BYC. Happy hatching. May all your eggs hatch and all you chicks be pullets.
jumpy.gif

I HAVE TWO BABBIE'S, 5 PIPS AND 3 THAT ARE ROCKEN AND A ROLLIN. I'M SOOO EXCITED I CALLED OFF WORK!!
jumpy.gif

GO BABBIE'S GO!!!!!
yesss.gif

Just wondering how you got THAT line past your boss?!?! LOL
He thinks I have the stomach bug!! 24 hour bug of course. HEEEHEHEHEHE
wink.png

Well today is day 21 and I have 11 chicks so far. One little guy showed up late last night, he was in a hurry. I still have 6 that don't look like they are doing much but I don't want to open the incubator yet. How long should I wait to take the little guys out?

I have one I don't think is going to make it. He took the longest to hatch and when he did he was very bloody. He is much smaller than the rest and he doesn't seem to be bonding with the others. He just sleeps. Poor little Guy.

He probably hatched a little too soon. They are stimulated to hatch by the hen clucking and the peeping of the other chicks. They instinctively know to hatch with the others before the hen leaves the nest with the brood. He will be weak due to the blood loss but if allowed to rest you will be amazed at the resiliency of these little guys. I've had some hatch like this, but I found the bloody shells the next day and they were all walking around peeping. Never did find out which one it was.

i had one that hatched like that last week. Bloody, wobbly and wouldn't stand or scurry around like the others. After 3 days in the brooder, it is indistinguishable from the others, all are active.

Back
Top Bottom