Please help!!

Tara1585

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 7, 2014
Our hen was broody and we let her hatch some eggs she had 13 total 12 were good. The very first one came before we got back home and she had still not been moved sje is a gamr hen and very hostile over her chicks and eggs!! She is in the coop woth a game rooster and another chicken not sure what kind I cant remember and im new to all this.. anyway we heard a loud noise from the chickens and my husbamd ran to check and the first chick was laying in the bottom of the coop the nest is up top.. well the rooster (spikey) and the chicken (sarah) were starting to peck on him my husband got in as quickly as possible, but he thought it was a lost cause, but I made him give the baby chick to me and ran inside cleaned it off and put antibiotic cream on the sores and then put it in the incubator and got the other eggs out they had already pipped and started to unzip and put them in there too just to prevent another incident and let me tell you ypu it was no cake walk she wasnt happy we were taking her chicks and by accident attack my 3 yr old witha peck or two hes fine just scared him. Anyway so they all hatched but 1 and I candlesed it and it is a quitter. The first one is doing okay but his leg isnt right its like curled up looking and I dont know what its called to figure out how I can help him or if I can and the other chicks are walking all over him because he cant walk still and I have to hand feed him .. they were just born yesterday!! Please help me help him!! Another one came out prematurely with some of his insides still out but they contracted back up and hes fine b ow as well.. im soo worried for this little guy.. ill upload a picture if I can im on my phone. Tha ks

Not splayed in my opinioned looks like the black and white chick where talks about vetrap it looks bent up a little I went ahead and did the bandage thing and took him away from other chicks til hes stronger because they are pecking on him even at 1 day old but he cried when I did the bandaid so I hope not broke idk what else to do his toes are still not very straight looking but the bend is where I believe the trouble is and my pjone wont let me post a pic

Back
Top Bottom