"PLEASE" HEN WITH BROKEN EGG

LuvBantums

Songster
Jul 7, 2017
North Carolina
Please help me save my Serama hen with cracked egg inside her. She's very tiny 2 year old and always has trouble with laying her eggs, but this time it broke inside her. I have her in a quiet dark room with water and her calcium mealworms. I did a soapy warm water bath and tried with my finger to locate it. It's way down for me to get to it. Any help will be appreciated.

Has she passed any parts of the egg? Sometimes they can have a shell-less egg break inside. Do you have any calcium that you can give her? 1/4 of a calcium tablet or Tums given orally might help her pass the egg.

Has she passed any parts of the egg? Sometimes they can have a shell-less egg break inside. Do you have any calcium that you can give her? 1/4 of a calcium tablet or Tums given orally might help her pass the egg.
I have powder calcium that I put on her mealworms and she has eaten some of those. Yes, she had part of the liquid come out already, but not all.

I have powder calcium that I put on her mealworms and she has eaten some of those. Yes, she had part of the liquid come out already, but not all.
Also, I can feel the shell far down. I'm so scared, because this is not good for her. When I touch her belly, I can feel crinkled egg

I'm on my phone and this is not very good to reply like on the website, so if I'm repeating myself, I'm sorry. I need to see if I can do anything else for her.

Is this the same hen who has had the scabby vent, that has trouble pooping? I see that you have a new thread started about her? Is there any chance that you could take her to a vet? She may need antibiotics if she had an egg break inside. Do you have any pictures of what has been coming out of her vent or droppings?

I'm still hoping to get some help with my tiny Serama hen t
Is this the same hen who has had the scabby vent, that has trouble pooping? I see that you have a new thread started about her? Is there any chance that you could take her to a vet? She may need antibiotics if she had an egg break inside. Do you have any pictures of what has been coming out of her vent or droppings?
No and that girl is doing much better! Thank you for asking. I also have great news for the girl that was egg bound and she has now passed the egg. I'm so happy! Thank you for always being there for my babies and me! I can mostly handle most that come my way with my Seramas, but it helps a lot to get some help here as well. How do I stop this post?

Back
Top Bottom