Please, I need help!

I will try to find this thank you. I will check her stomach as well. I have seen her eating in recent days and she doesn’t “look” underweight but with all that fluff it probably means nothing.

I’m new to chickens, is it concerning that shes laying on her side stretched out in her bedding?
Chickens often lay this way when they feel comfortable, and young chicks enjoy to stretch this way after being crumpled up in the tiny eggs for so long. So this does not have to be something alarming unless the chicken/chick has other symptoms as well.

How old is your Silkie?

I will try to find this thank you. I will check her stomach as well. I have seen her eating in recent days and she doesn’t “look” underweight but with all that fluff it probably means nothing.

I’m new to chickens, is it concerning that shes laying on her side stretched out in her bedding?
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/nutri-drench-poultry-4-oz
That is what the Nutri-Drench bottle looks like

http://www.hopkinslivestock.com/oral_dosing_article.htm I also suggest reading this article, it's how I give my birds any form of liquid. :)

It does concern me a bit how she is laying, my birds don't usually do this

Chickens often lay this way when they feel comfortable, and young chicks enjoy to stretch this way after being crumpled up in the tiny eggs for so long. So this does not have to be something alarming unless the chicken/chick has other symptoms as well.

How old is your Silkie?
Thank you. She is not a recently hatched chick. 9 weeks old. There are other symptoms, listed with photos in my previous posts from the last week in this channel (but didn’t receive any replies:(
She has been having vision problems, lethargy. I only observed this behavior, spread out on the ground in her bedding, eyes closed, barely moving, on her side, today. She is barely moving when the others jump around or over her. It looks very concerning.
Thank you,

Please post the old picture and an updated picture to this thread. Posting multiple threads with the information spread out will make it very difficult to get a suggestion for what could be wrong with your girl. I had a few thoughts, but after combing through your previous posts, they don't fit the situation. Was there an injury to her eye that you know of? Does her breathing sound off in any way? Rattley? Congestion? Does she have any nasal discharge?
Yes, I will moving forward thank you. I thought maybe starting a new thread might help visibility after the first one wasn’t responded to. I will keep one consistent thread if there are no replies in the future.
*thank you* for combing through my posts!!!
I wondered about an eye injury at first. After reading everything I could find and in the absence of other illness symptoms I concluded it was debris.
Until recently with the lower energy,
Closed eyes and increased vision problems. Her eyes are looking worse as of yesterday (photo attached).
And today the behavior noted in this thread.
I haven’t noticed a nasal discharge and will check her breathing when I get back to the house. Thank you.

Attachments

• 8A5AB978-6EAA-4B85-AAEA-635C89B17C36.png
    8A5AB978-6EAA-4B85-AAEA-635C89B17C36.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 7
  • 95006086-10CF-41FB-92D6-A1A1762D0872.png
    95006086-10CF-41FB-92D6-A1A1762D0872.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Yes, I will moving forward thank you. I thought maybe starting a new thread might help visibility after the first one wasn’t responded to. I will keep one consistent thread if there are no replies in the future.
*thank you* for combing through my posts!!!
I wondered about an eye injury at first. After reading everything I could find and in the absence of other illness symptoms I concluded it was debris.
Until recently with the lower energy,
Closed eyes and increased vision problems. Her eyes are looking worse as of yesterday (photo attached).
And today the behavior noted in this thread.
I haven’t noticed a nasal discharge and will check her breathing when I get back to the house. Thank you.

Attachments

• 9AA2FC8D-8304-4D4A-BC93-7A3904FD7791.png
    9AA2FC8D-8304-4D4A-BC93-7A3904FD7791.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 4
Thank you. She is not a recently hatched chick. 9 weeks old. There are other symptoms, listed with photos in my previous posts from the last week in this channel (but didn’t receive any replies:(
She has been having vision problems, lethargy. I only observed this behavior, spread out on the ground in her bedding, eyes closed, barely moving, on her side, today. She is barely moving when the others jump around or over her. It looks very concerning.
Thank you,
What you describe does indeed sound alarming.

Is she able to see the food and water at all? You might need to feed her and help her drink.

Please post the old picture and an updated picture to this thread. Posting multiple threads with the information spread out will make it very difficult to get a suggestion for what could be wrong with your girl. I had a few thoughts, but after combing through your previous posts, they don't fit the situation. Was there an injury to her eye that you know of? Does her breathing sound off in any way? Rattley?
Please post the old picture and an updated picture to this thread. Posting multiple threads with the information spread out will make it very difficult to get a suggestion for what could be wrong with your girl. I had a few thoughts, but after combing through your previous posts, they don't fit the situation. Was there an injury to her eye that you know of? Does her breathing sound off in any way? Rattley? Congestion? Does she have any nasal discharge?
Thank you, this is important for me to know. I haven’t seen any discharge, I need to check her breathing.
Here is the photo I first posted. Thank you🙏🏻

Attachments

• A8BAC3E6-5B51-45CF-BDAD-9719AB610C17.png
    A8BAC3E6-5B51-45CF-BDAD-9719AB610C17.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
What you describe does indeed sound alarming.

Is she able to see the food and water at all? You might need to feed her and help her drink.
She has been making it to her food and water including this morning.
this didn’t feel *as* urgent (but concerning enough to ask for help and do some research) until I saw her laying on her side today, barely moving. **When I got really close she did get up and walk over to the food and water.
But stretched out on her side did not look right. I’m waiting to hear back from the vet. Thank you.

No she hasn’t been.

Back
Top Bottom