Please identify foot problem in 3 week old chick

Aug 4, 2020
Ontario Canada
Please tell me what the marks are on this chick's feet. There is nothing on the bottoms of his/her feet. It seems to be limping a bit, favouring the left foot. What do I do to treat? I put a bit of neosporin on not knowing what else to do!

Thank you in advance.
IMG_20210509_114553170.jpg

Looks like injuries of some kind. Anything it has access too that it could have gotten it's feet hung up in? The left one may be sprained/strained from pulling to get out of something. The neosporin is fine for the spots, hopefully time and rest will take care of the soreness.

We brought the baby in and had her walk around on the kitchen floor. My daughter noticed that it seems to step on its own feet. I'm guessing the marks are scratches from the toenails. Should I trim or file its toenails? Any other suggestions until little one grows into its big feet?

You could trim the sharp point off, they do look sharp. I wouldn't take more than that off, they are so small. If you can get a video of it walking, that might help. You have to upload to another host like youtube and put the link here for it to be seen.

Back
Top Bottom