Please keep me company.........

Tartannik

Songster
10 Years
Mar 21, 2009
Wet Argyll, Scotland
Hi all, it all started when my chicken run blew down a week or so ago, we are sorting the back garden out and decided to move the run. The chickens are only kept in the run in the morning until they have all laid as some of them were starting to lay elsewhere!
Anyway, yesterday i was helping my hubby move scaffolding when a bit fell on my leg, but I just happened to have a varicose vein on said leg and it burst it!!!! It really was rather sore but sat with my leg up with frozen leeks on it
fl.gif
and it seemed to go down.
Today I went to the doctors and she told me that i have a huge haematoma on it
sickbyc.gif
so i have been told to sit with my feet up and it might take up to 3 weeks to heal:confused:
Am not very good at sitting on my bum as i have too many animals to do that but will just have to be careful I suppose!
So please all keep me company while i sit with my leg up with my laptop on my knee!
he.gif

Last edited:
How miserable! I use frozen peas as ice packs, then the peas go to the ducks after they thawed and been refrozen a few times.

I can be such a slug some days......but tell me I can't do something and I am itching to get it all done. Maybe now you can do all the things you keep meaning to do online, learn to knit, read a book, plan the next coop......

wanna hear somthin funny? my sister and i went to the doctor's for a check up. my sister (11 yrs old) had pre-refused to get a shot the moment she heard about this.
at the doctor's i had a male doc who asked alot about my family life (my parent's divorce etc.) and the room was COLD!
so anyway, checkup's over, i'm shivering for half an hour listening to my sister get a shot in the other room. here it is:
"no, no, no, NAAAW! NAAAAWWWW! ahhhhhh! AHHHHHHH!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *makes a break for it*
"HELP!!! HELP!!!"
so i'm sitting, hoping that no other horrified children are in the building. i get really shaky and queasy.
hide.gif

so, nurse come in, gives me:
1 pinprick (ouch!
ep.gif
hit.gif
)
1 shot (ouch)
another shot (in 3 places) (ouch, ouch, ouch!
hit.gif
)
another shot that kept GOING and GOING (ahhhhh! ooohh!! ouch ouch ouch
hit.gif
hit.gif
)
later i ask how many sister got. "one." *sob sob*
roll.png
lol.png
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
roll.png

Last edited:
Learn to knit
lau.gif
sorry its just that i have never been able to things like that with my fingers!
I think I will try and watch some dvd's i haven't seen before, oldies like Gone With the Wind etc. Watched Calamity Jane yesterday which was good. Maybe Pride and Prejudice should have another outing or Mamma Mia?? What oldies does everyone else like?

I got a paket of triops. *eeevil smile* I told our roommate that i got some multi vitamins a put them in the water, and put a few of my seamonky's eggs in there. he's gonna POOP HIS PANTS when my "super seamonkeys" grow!

I'm so sorry Tartannik! I HATE sitting around, too, and I know how difficult it must be for you. One of my favorite movies is "Fried Green Tomatoes" - a modern classic, IMHO.
I put a giant bruise on my thigh this weekend when BF and I moved my massive, heavy desk. We started to loose a grip on the big hutch that goes on top and I used my leg to catch it and balance it. I'm lucky I didn't end up with anything worse! (and we did save it from crashing to the ground - only a slight bit of damage to the corner).

Back
Top Bottom