Please let me know if this is the right DE, before I use it on my hens

Juliemom

You are in WL, right? I think I turned down that bag at King's when they showed it to me. I just didn't know and didn't want to take the chance. Maybe us locals need to go there and bug them enough to stock some that specifically says food-grade.

It does not say "Food Chemical Codex Grade" anywhere, I just checked.

I am more confused now though. I certainly do not want to use the wrong thing, but it seems this could be what I need. I also paid $19.95 plus tax for it, just like one of the other replies.

Hmmm, how can I find out for sure?

Julie

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, we need to be bugging some people, even though I got this at Champaign Landmark. I think they use the same "list" to order things though. So did you end up finding some somewhere else?

Julie

No, I just keep putting it off. I did find a Springfield farmer who is a distributor of Custom Milling Products (SpeckledHen uses their DE I believe). She said they could get some on their next shipment around July. She didn't give me the cost. I should probably quit procrastinating and find out the cost.
smile.png

Bluebird Hills Farm
Springfield, Ohio
www.bluebirdhills.com

I bought the same exact stuff yesterday and was so excited about it. Then I went home and read the entire bag. Nowhere does it say food grade or Codex on it. I took mine back. Now it's back to square one. I paid 31.00 dollars for mine at the local co-op and they sewar it's food grade. I'm very leary about that after researching EP Mineral's website.

Ok I just went down to my bag of
DE and it does not say food grade or codex but it does say feed grade use in feed for horses, poultry , bovine ect. as anti caking ingredient.. it has pics of animals on it ... Red Lake Earth DE feed grade less than 1% silica(sp) and it looks like ash from my fireplace (gray) it does say it has ash in it ...

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom