Please me. Is this a breed?

I think she's definitely a Marans, either blue copper or blue. This thread has a great example of a Blue Marans with gypsy face, where excess melanin is deposited in the face. If she's part Silkie or Ayam Cemani, she'd have black skin. I think I see some of her skin in the first photo, and it's pink.
Yes, skin is pinkish, not black.

Her feathers are dark grey. That's what threw me off with the comb that suddenly turned black and she has NO copper in her body at all. But some of the feathers on the back have not grown yet.

She is really a mystery girl. But I am happy if she is a MARAN.

Copper wouldn't come through until mature. My girl for comparison is for sure purebred French Blue CM, they seem to be around same age and mine for sure has no copper YET. My Black CM hen didn't get Copper this young either.

Copper wouldn't come through until mature. My girl for comparison is for sure purebred French Blue CM, they seem to be around same age and mine for sure has no copper YET. My Black CM hen didn't get Copper this young either.
Thank you very much.
I am so glad she is a Maran, so I don't have to keep looking for a Black Copper Maran for now. I can take my time. I'll just wait for my REAL feed store whicj get them from Privett hatchery.

When I got them, she was bigger than the others in the bin. I assumed it was a boy, hence the name dark knight. Now that I am almost sure it is a she, changing her name to Gypsy.

I get mine from Privett too! I've had really good luck with Privett. This is my French Black CM from Privett. She's so fun. They definitely are big gals! She makes a "Thud, Thud" when she walks down the hall in my coop, lol. Can't wait for my newer Blue one to mature.
IMG_E1654.JPG

Back
Top Bottom