Please-please, can someone help with 3 baby chicks in Miami!

I gave them egg white (hard boiled) and bread with milk. They are now dry, all fluffy and cute. It's hot in Miami and they are in the room with no AC. I can't keep them in my apartment. Does anyone know who I can ask for help to adopt them?...

Skip the bread and milk - chickens can't really digest dairy and bread isn't very nutritious for them. For the eggs, include the yolk for sure, that's the most nutritious part and contains everything they needed to develop within the egg.

Since it's hot, don't worry too much about the heat source then. A plastic bottle of hot water at night with a towel, in one corner, should be enough to get them through nights.

You could try craigslist, maybe local facebook groups or animal rescue groups to try and find them a new home?

Skip the bread and milk - chickens can't really digest dairy and bread isn't very nutritious for them. For the eggs, include the yolk for sure, that's the most nutritious part and contains everything they needed to develop within the egg.

Since it's hot, don't worry too much about the heat source then. A plastic bottle of hot water at night with a towel, in one corner, should be enough to get them through nights.

You could try craigslist, maybe local facebook groups or animal rescue groups to try and find them a new home?

Thank you so much for your advice! They are all cute and cozy next to the warm bottle, they've had a rough night I am sure. I dipped their beaks into the water and they drank a bit, all 3 but I can't seem to get them to eat. Will they figure it out on their own?

Attachments

• 20210213_174011.jpg
    20210213_174011.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 8
Thank you so much for your advice! They are all cute and cozy next to the warm bottle, they've had a rough night I am sure. I dipped their beaks into the water and they drank a bit, all 3 but I can't seem to get them to eat. Will they figure it out on their own?

Yes they should. Their instinct will be to peck at any little thing on the ground once they're hungry, until they find something that is suitably tasty.

Hope you can find someone to take them soon!

They may, though once they wake up (try not to wake them up yourself, chicks need LOTS of sleep) try offering them some egg. That should be easiest for them to eat. Im guessing that it will be a bit hard to keep from waking them up when you change the water bottle so you may want to find something like a heating pad to put underneath the box.

They may, though once they wake up (try not to wake them up yourself, chicks need LOTS of sleep) try offering them some egg. That should be easiest for them to eat. Im guessing that it will be a bit hard to keep from waking them up when you change the water bottle so you may want to find something like a heating pad to put underneath the box.
One more question- if I put some lamp next to them (regular one), are they ok to sleep with the bright light? I am hoping to contact some local farm tomorrow and see if they are willing to adopt them, my husband is pretty mad with me at the moment and when to his mom's place... Our apartment is pretty small and we have children, as much as I would like to - I can not keep them here, need to find them a good home soon...

One more question- if I put some lamp next to them (regular one), are they ok to sleep with the bright light? I am hoping to contact some local farm tomorrow and see if they are willing to adopt them, my husband is pretty mad with me at the moment and when to his mom's place... Our apartment is pretty small and we have children, as much as I would like to - I can not keep them here, need to find them a good home soon...
If they're tired, they'll sleep. Don't worry about the light. Also, you could reach out to the Cuban community for homing.

Yes, that would be fine. We did that with our babies their first few nights.

Back
Top Bottom