Please pray that my Uncle and cousin each get a deer tonight!

Cowgirl71

Songster
9 Years
Feb 5, 2010
Missouri Ozarks
My Uncle and cousin drove down from Chicago Thursday night to deer hunt. They went out hunting Friday morning, Friday evening, this morning, and just headed out this evening trying to get a deer. My experienced brothers are being their "guides," and still they haven't seen any deer. We usually see plenty of deer, but this year they are really scarce. Old timers are saying it's because of a bumper crop of acorns this year, which is keeping them in the woods. My Uncle and cousin are scheduled to leave tomorrow afternoon, so tonight and tomorrow morning are their last chances to get a deer. I'll feel really bad if they don't get a deer, because they spent the time and gas money to drive down here (a nine hour drive), and they had to spend $450 for deer tags. And they really want the fresh venison and "bragging rights."

I would really appreciate your prayers for a productive hunt.
smile.png

My hubby and son also have not seen any. I pray for your uncle and cousin to get there deer That is our familys meat source for the winter they have not seen any either
sad.png

What they need is me driving my van where they are hunting. I swear every animal in a 20 mile radius has tried to jump in front of my van this week. Including more than a dozen dear.

I'm sorry, I will not pray for them to get a deer unless you are using that in the plural sense. Thin them out............

Thanks for all the prayers guys!

They didn't get anything tonight, but hopefully they'll get at least one deer tomorrow morning. My Uncle didn't see anything, and my cousin saw one as they were walking over to their blind but wasn't able to get a good shot.

Keep praying please! I'm really hoping they'll get a deer in the morning...

I'll be prayin' for your hubby and/or son to get a deer Cackling Hen!

I don't know if it's happening in your area, but here mule deer are in decline. There are still many, but apparently as many people are poaching them as are taking them legally. Add to that the fact that poachers tend to take females (easier to find) and it's creating a problem. I have many deer in my neighborhood, but I have only seen females, never males. For some reason the males seem to congregate in town versus in our more rural area.

If you want deer come over to our place. You have to watch very carefully when driving down the road to avoid hitting them. 4 point buck at the end of our drive every evening.

Quote:
It seems to me that if there are less deer this year, you should leave them alone to build up the numbers a bit so that there are more deer in a few years time. I probably shouldn't comment because, as a Bit, I really don't understand the need for 'bragging rights' at all. I guess it is a cultural thing - and to be honest, there are people who hunt deer here too. In fact, there has been a big hoo-hah in the news recently about the taking of a large stag with the biggest antlers in the UK. People have been very cross about it!

You can read about it here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-Giant-red-stag-gunned-legally-antlers.html

Anyway, I hope your uncle and cousin enjoy their time away, and have plenty to brag about without having to kill anything.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom