please pray

Good luck with Franklin, I never thought about having turkeys just for the pure joy of having turkeys, but I kinda like the idea. . .he is a gorgeous bird!!! Did he get dehydrated? And they only live to be around 3??? That is just not fair!!!

well the breeds we take in are rescues from factory farming... so they have been breed to be so large that it has reduced their lifespan. Franklin although not directly from a factory(unlike our 3 girls who all were recued from a factory farm) is a bird bred for meat and so his lifespan is shortened... plus he had a very hard beginning of his life, when he was originally sold the the girl who gave him to us, he had been picked on so badly by other turkeys that he was close to death, that was almost 2 years ago.

I can not see how he would get dehydrated... they have 2 poultry waterers in there that I fill 2 times daily. Usually in the morning its mostly water but I do put a big hunk of ice in there so that as it melts the water stays cool... and there was water.

I love our turkeys, I actually think they make great companions... ours are all tame and very sweet.

Back
Top Bottom