PLEASE read all of the thread BEFORE you post !!!

What's this post supposed to be about? I'm too much in a hurry to type something that I didn't bother finding out. Can somebody explain it all to me again?

I won't post on a thread without reading every reply. If I didn't my
post count would be twice as high. The exception being the game
or much ado type threads which I stay away from most of the time.

With that said, I think a lot of people will post to be social, even though
they may not have read every reply. That's ok but not with hot
topics which require a person to read through the entire thread before
"voicing an opinion".

As for post counts I don't know many here who try to pad that number.
Some are just more talkative than others and some participate in the
game threads which add to the post counts.

I have over 6000 posts and I like to think 4500 are useful, 1000 are for
fun or to make people smile, and at least 500 are just stupid.
roll.png

Nice to see ya back around UWW!!!
smile.png

I read the original post and skim lightly through the rest.

(Unless the thread is reported in which case I read throuhg the thread carefully to get the big picture before responding to the report. Blatant in your face rule violations excepted of course.)

I have usually formed an opinion reading the first post, but depending on the online personality of the OP I may or may not post that opinion.

UWW is of the personality that I feel ok with saying my opinion to her.
smile.png

When you post things on an online forum, you are going to get different responses.

Some are from those that are too busy to read each and every post, but care about you enough to try to help.

Some may not be what you want to hear, but are no less valid.

And some are those who want to get you all stirred up.

No one reads everything and no one should expect it. Some days I can read more than others. DT had good advice about editing your first post to reflect an update. So that should help.

Quote:
i usually read the OP's post, and 1-2 pages afterwards.. then if it seems like their just saying the same thing over and over i A- Close thread, B-skip ahead to the last page, or C- (depending on what i read on those pages) Make a response, but if someones already said something i was going to say i usually just close the thread

-Daniel

I also countless times notice that as I'm posting (after reading the first post but not the whole thread) that the thread has gone almost completely off topic.

Back
Top Bottom