Please read !!!! Need help ASAP!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by OneCrazyCowgirl, Aug 12, 2013.

1. OneCrazyCowgirl

OneCrazyCowgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok so my chickens have been broody for awhile. However my parents have never see. The roo breed much so they are determined they are laying on rotten eggs. I used my flashlight to see if I can candle them. These pics are crap but please let me know ASAP if you think there are chicks in these eggs before I am forced to throw them away! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    What is "a while"? Chicken eggs take 21 days to hatch. At about day 7, you should see veining and maybe a small black blob. Around day 14 you should clearly see something chick-like wiggling around. Closer to day 21 the eggs will be almost completely dark, except for the air cell and maybe veins near it.
    Those eggs look pretty clear to me, so I'd say they're probably no good :/

3. OneCrazyCowgirl

Over a week. There is a black shape in the egg. I'm using a non candling light with crap photos

4. OneCrazyCowgirl

I opened an egg a few days ago and found a shape that was bloody. Don't know if it was a fetus or embryo lol whatever you call it

5. bobbi-j

bobbi-j Chicken Obsessed

Mar 15, 2010
    On the MN prairie.
  6. OneCrazyCowgirl

Well I was about to throw them away when I dropped one and a baby embryo was in it. I feel terrible but at least now I know they are fertile.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by