Please Reassure Me! Updated with Pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ElioraImmanuel, Jun 7, 2010.

1. ElioraImmanuel

ElioraImmanuel Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    I'm due to get chicks from Cackle Hatchery on June 9th, my DD's 14th b-day. Please, please tell me that the chicks will be okay?! I'm very nervous and if they don't arrive safely, my DD is going to be so very upset! I don't want her to remember her 14th b-day as the day that chicks arrived dead! I'm so wishing I wouldn't have accepted the 9th as an arrival date.[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2010
  2. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I know what you mean. I sure hope they all arrive safe and sound.

3. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Does she know they're due to arrive the 9th? If at all possible, I would try to pick them up without her around, so that you can check them and removed any that didn't make it. Then let her open the box once you've pre-checked it.

4. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    I soo agree w/ Laurajean. No need for children to get the gory details just yet. Have someone intercept the chicks. Lessons can be learned on another day. Happy B=day to your DD [​IMG]

5. ElioraImmanuel

Jan 8, 2010
    Thanks for the b-day wished![​IMG]

I just called Cackle and although they were, in fact, shipped yesterday that they may not arrive until....Thursday![​IMG] I feel sick! I'm not going to be home Thursday. Oye! I would have gone by myself to get them, though. I have a friend that will pick them up Thurs, but that's 3 days in shipping![​IMG]

6. ElioraImmanuel

Jan 8, 2010
    Gee thanks for the support.

My PO says my chicks have not arrived and there is almost no possibility that they'll arrive this afternoon. I cried.

7. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Best wishes [​IMG]

8. drunkdog

drunkdog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Everett
    my chicks from Cackle took 3 days to arrive but thankfully ALL were and still are great ...good luck to you as well

9. lizareny

lizareny Out Of The Brooder

May 10, 2010
    I've ordered from Cackle 3x in the past 18 months..... took 2 days to arrive each time, and I believe the only DOA we had was one Cornish Rock cross....this is out of, ohhh ummmmm.....4 batches/boxes of 150 chicks, ducklings, goslings......it'll prob be JUSTTTTTT fine. Good luck!!!!! Happy b day to the kid!

[​IMG]

Take pics and let us know how things went. We have to live vicariously, ya know

10. ElioraImmanuel

Jan 8, 2010
    The PO just called! They said that Cackle had the wrong zip on my box! I'm picking them up at 2! I'll update then! PTL![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by