Please Reassure Me! Updated with Pics!

ElioraImmanuel

Songster
10 Years
Jan 8, 2010
I'm due to get chicks from Cackle Hatchery on June 9th, my DD's 14th b-day. Please, please tell me that the chicks will be okay?! I'm very nervous and if they don't arrive safely, my DD is going to be so very upset! I don't want her to remember her 14th b-day as the day that chicks arrived dead! I'm so wishing I wouldn't have accepted the 9th as an arrival date.
barnie.gif
idunno.gif

Last edited:
Does she know they're due to arrive the 9th? If at all possible, I would try to pick them up without her around, so that you can check them and removed any that didn't make it. Then let her open the box once you've pre-checked it.

I soo agree w/ Laurajean. No need for children to get the gory details just yet. Have someone intercept the chicks. Lessons can be learned on another day. Happy B=day to your DD
frow.gif

Thanks for the b-day wished!
big_smile.png

I just called Cackle and although they were, in fact, shipped yesterday that they may not arrive until....Thursday!
th.gif
I feel sick! I'm not going to be home Thursday. Oye! I would have gone by myself to get them, though. I have a friend that will pick them up Thurs, but that's 3 days in shipping!
barnie.gif

Gee thanks for the support.

My PO says my chicks have not arrived and there is almost no possibility that they'll arrive this afternoon. I cried.

my chicks from Cackle took 3 days to arrive but thankfully ALL were and still are great ...good luck to you as well

I've ordered from Cackle 3x in the past 18 months..... took 2 days to arrive each time, and I believe the only DOA we had was one Cornish Rock cross....this is out of, ohhh ummmmm.....4 batches/boxes of 150 chicks, ducklings, goslings......it'll prob be JUSTTTTTT fine. Good luck!!!!! Happy b day to the kid!

wee.gif

Take pics and let us know how things went. We have to live vicariously, ya know

The PO just called! They said that Cackle had the wrong zip on my box! I'm picking them up at 2! I'll update then! PTL!
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom