Please Remember Your Seatbelts!! ... OMG amazing progress!!

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Nana2KJS, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Nana2KJS

Nana2KJS Chicks-n-Ahs

Mar 21, 2009
    SE Kansas
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

A local 15 year old lies motionless in ICU after an auto accident only a few blocks from home. Full of love, life and happiness for everyone around her, she was on the way home after taking a birthday cake to her boyfriend. He was driving, she was being cute and funny. They pulled away from a stop sign into the path of an oncoming vehicle. She was thrown through the passenger side window, bounced off the other vehicle and landed in the street.

That was Wednesday afternoon.. she has yet to regain consciousness. A young life so totally wasted that could have been saved with a simple CLICK!

Everyone - if not for your own sake, for the sake of those who love and need you, FASTEN THOSE SEAT BELTS!!

Caisla and her mom Cherilyn could use your prayers. She is updating Caisla's condition at http://www.myspace.com/galbug1600

eta pics ... we need to bring this home to our kids too! it can happen to anyone!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  2. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Prayers said.

3. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    Oh, how awful! I'll pray for them.

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    How heartbreaking. Hoping she regains conscienceness soon and is able to go home to her family.

5. chickens4me

chickens4me Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Oh my, how sad.

Prayers being sent for that sweet young lady & her family.

6. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I lost too many friends in high school from not wearing seatbelts. So very sad. Praying for her recovery.

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] Thats so sad. Her family is in my thoughts. [​IMG]

8. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    That's awful. [​IMG] I hope she wakes up and is able to go back to her family.
    My mom used to work for for seat belt company and everyone in my family always uses seat belts. And I proudly say that I always use a seat belt. When I ask some of my friends if they wear their seat belts, they are like, "That's so dumb" or "It ruins my hair" or "It's uncomfortable". Yeah, well, what will be more "uncomfortable" is if you're thrown from a moving vehicle and onto the road. It's common sense, yet so many people think they are invincible and it will never happen to them or something. Seriously, would you rather not wear a seat belt for the sake of being "uncomfortable" or messing up your hair, which really doesn't happen in my experience, and risk losing your life?

But anyways, it's so sad when one simple click of a seat belt can make the difference between life and death. Some people just don't see that until it's too late.

9. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    I'm praying for this young lady and her family.

Thank youf ro bringing this to us for prayer.

May God bless you.

10. twister

twister Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    praying for her full recovery

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by