Please Request "Raising Chickens for Dummies" at your local library!

Wil you request "Raising Chickens for Dummies" from your local library

• Yes, already did!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doing it now!

• Will do it soon

• Nope (please let us know why)

• Total voters
Just sent a link to this thread to my Mom - she's the retired Circulation Manager of the Fraser Branch of the Grand County (Colorado) library. She still subs there, so she can get the request submitted.

I said I won't, but it's only because our library is a corner of our town hall (maybe 1000 books total). They don't exactly buy books, they just have books that have been dumped off over time. In fact there isn't even a librarian. You want a book you take it.

I will however consider getting an extra copy and adding it to the shelf.

We totally understand the dilemma related to library size and funding. The future of printed books and libraries in general is changing all the time.

If your library falls into this area, maybe there is a larger city or county library within your region that you could call?

Will certainly request it down here, however...getting it? That's another question.
But I will certainly ask them.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I voted no, because I don't think it is a wise use of our tax dollars in the current financial situation. I don't think millions of Americans should have their hard earned money spent to put this book in libraries at this time. The deficit is not going to reduce itself. This is just a millionth of a drop in the bucket, I know, but it is still definitely a luxury item. If it were submitted in a bill to congress I would red line it. I think it is more appropriate to ask BYC members to buy a book and donated it. No problem with that at all. Asking taxpayers to foot the bill... BIG problem to me, no matter how much the profit margin is or who gets it. Just my $.02 worth.

I should have looked before I voted... mine already has it!
I'm in que for the next available copy (they have 2 for the whole county system) so maybe they'll order more!
thumbsup.gif

I have requested the purchase of Raising Chickens for Dummies with great pleasure. I work at our Library and have requested other chicken related items. I now have a question for you? My show girl has been sitting on an egg for about 22 days and I'm not experienced with how this all works. If the egg is not viable or alive will she then quit sitting? Do I need to do anything? Help!!!!! Thanks, Joan

i just wonder if the book price can be lowered to *balance* price/currency in my country i then i will be able to buy it, since library in this country is the place that 99 from 100 people don't want to go into and the library won't spend any cent to buy book we request. they decided what they want to buy themselves.

comparison : a computer study book with 300 pages, many images, full color, worth $5. kindly discount the prices please.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom