Please send healing vibes for Petey.

aubreynoramarie

designated lawn flamingo
9 Years
May 27, 2010
Reno, Nevada
Last night I had my first ever raccoon attack.
Petey and the dog did their jobs well, but couldn't save the girls. I lost all of my showgirls.

The coons actually busted the entire door to my showgirl coop. There is no sign of where they went except for a few bloody feathers. We found Petey across the yard, but his feathers are EVERYWHERE, including up the pole that the dog trapped the coons on.

When we found him we thought he was dead. However, he lifted his head toward us and I almost jumped out of my skin.

I think he fought for his girls, but in the end there were too many coons and they carried them off.
hit.gif

Petey is suffering from I think a broken shoulder (falling from the telephone pole?) and many puncture wounds. He had his girls' blood all over him.
sad.png

Please send him healing vibes. He deserves to live. He's a good roo. He proved it this morning
sad.png

bf5ed813.jpg

Prayers for your little brave friend. He looks like he's completely traumatized. I hope he heals well. Take good care of him, make sure those wounds stay clean.

Poor Petey! Such a brave guy, hope he makes it. What was your coop door made of? Man, I hate raccoons ! Give Petey some cooked eggs for protein, and some vitamins to help him heal, maybe some electrolytes and sugar in the water. Neosporin on the wounds. Hopefully he will pull through. Maybe some of your other chickens are hiding and you will find them too.
fl.gif
Sorry for your losses.

Will do guys, I suppose I should have posted this in the emergencies section? Either way thanks for the advice.

The door is wood but I am now finding that the nails were too weak and easily pulled out by two or three coons
hmm.png

Sorry for your losses. I remember reading something about Petey I think it was yesterday or the day before (I'm on here so much). I will def be sending the healing vibes.
hugs.gif

Poor pathetic lil' Petey! I hope he heals quickly. He's already made so many people smile with his awesome ugliness, he deserves to live a good long life!

So far my rooster experience has been... Erm... Lovely?

Petey is the stupidest chicken I have, not what I pictured when we decided we would go ahead and keep a roo.

That little twerp bit me this morning! I was letting them out of the dang coop and he bit me! It was a corkscrew bite too. Clamp and twist. I shot that sucker halfway across the yard.
When he landed he was in front of my beautiful Delaware hen. So Petey gets up, shakes himself off, then starts doing his entirely unimpressive wingdance around her. ( yes, he is half her size.) she stares at him for a moment before giving him a nice FWOMP right between the eyes and casually waltzing off. ( that's my girl!)
His pride is hurt, so he will just stand in the same spot for 20 minutes crowing his head off. That's it, Petey.

see, he's not stupid! he fought for his women. that was just a a practice bite that he gave you the other day! I hope he heels quickly. We need more of his antics! my love and prayers sent to him.
love.gif

Aubrey, you've been through so much with your chickens lately. I'm SO sorry!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Thank goodness, Petey is still with you. I know you'll take good care of him. Bless his brave heart!

Any chance a little solar electrical charger might be in your future (you can get a small plug-in one for $30)? Nothing like a little shock keeps the predators away and keeps them from coming back.

Back
Top Bottom