Please send healing vibes for Petey.

He is well. Sent me on the chase of my life the other day. I went to grab him so I could bring him in and give him eggs and yogurt. Well Petey doesn't do anything that isn't on peteys accord.
roll.png

Anyways so we went on this elaborate chase through the backyard full of dips an turns an fakeys that ended with me falling on my butt. He finally ran under the deck and I gave up. I was panting and wheezing at this point so I was pretty okay with it.
"grumble grumble darn rooster grumble grumble fine! Starve to death! See if I care!"

Ten minutes later he comes waltzing in the back door making those monkey noises (TELLING me to give him his food I'm sure.)

Anyways he has been eating much better than my other girls. He comes to the backdoor every day around noon for his lunch and then again in the evening for dinner. He's pretty much got the routine down. I can't say he's put on any weight but I don't think he's lost any more. He's still rail thin though. Healthy appetite that one, so that's good.

Just now he came in and jumped on the table I nursed him back to health on. He's been sleeping in the coop for at least five days now buy he still thinks he is supposed to be sleepin in here. Dork.

I sometimes wonder if sleepin outside again is traumatic. Kind of like does he get scared at night now that he went through what he did. Him and his girl have not ONCE even gone close to going back into the ol' showgirl coop. I guess I don't blame them but I do find it fascinating. We have discontinued use of that coop. We tore off the door and now all the big girls use it ad a nesting box. I like it better that way and now I won't be worrying so much at night.

Anywhooo... I've got an obnoxiously persistant rooster flapping at my dinner table that needs to be carried off to bed. See ya!

I am so very impressed with what you did and so glad for this to have turned out well! he looked so very awful!
Congratulations!

Quote:
Thank you!

YES you did an amazing job
smile.png

Thanks! Everytime I close my eye and picture Petey laying on the ground motionless I am just overcome with shock that he has pulled through!

I saw the thread a few times, but never viewed it, well It took me a while but i read from page 1 to here, I lost my precious black australorp hen to a stray dog. I could have done some horrible things to any and every dog in the neighborhood. I got over it after a while. Never Got my sweet revenge though. I wish there were smilies that came out of the computer and could talk and send personalized messages. Lol..... Sorry about the hard times you have recently been through.
smile.png
A smile always makes my day a little bit better, It is 12:27 in Oklahoma, so it is a brand new day for me.

Quote:
hugs.gif
I really want to get revenge but the more I think about it the more I realize that I just couldnt do it. No matter how much I hate those coons I know I can't kill one. I just have to be proactive about preventing the problem.

I'm sorry about your little girl
sad.png

Quote:
hugs.gif
I really want to get revenge but the more I think about it the more I realize that I just couldnt do it. No matter how much I hate those coons I know I can't kill one. I just have to be proactive about preventing the problem.

sad.png

I just started to get eggs from her before she died, so I got about 3 of her eggs, 1 of her babies hatched, SHE lives on. I have had chickens since the fourth grade, a couple I still have from then, they are four years old now. But of the 4 years I have had chickens she was definitely my sweet little baby.

Quote:
hugs.gif

sad.png

I just started to get eggs from her before she died, so I got about 3 of her eggs, 1 of her babies hatched, SHE lives on. I have had chickens since the fourth grade, a couple I still have from then, they are four years old now. But of the 4 years I have had chickens she was definitely my sweet little baby.

Awww that stinks! My little girl that died was six months old and hadn't layed yet
hmm.png
she was really pretty and I think Petey really misses her. He had three girls but his other one died five days earlier. Now he just has his one girl and I'm glad he made it because I think she would have been very lonesome with him.

Sorry....... But an animal has got to eat, my precious chicken would have never got killed if another human being would have taken care of there dog and didn't let it go to become wild.

Back
Top Bottom