Please Solve The Mystery Of This Guy's Breed For Me

birdlover

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
Northern Va.
Could someone please tell me if this guy is an OEGB or a white faced Spanish? Don't think it's a rosecomb because it doesn't have a rosecomb! LOL He came from McMurrays Hatchery the week before Easter so he's about 5 1/2 months old. Thanks!!!

IMG_3203_edited-1.jpg

I have a hen that I bought from ebay that was supposed to be a blue rosecomb, it is black with a single comb. Looks just like yours only it is a bantam.

Becky - "Sir Gallahad" is a bantam, too! Rosecomb, my foot!

I know Spanish have white faces but not until after the first year, or so I thought I'd read. Someone told me that OEGB's are supposed to have red earlobes but that poorer quality ones can have white ones. I'll post a couple more pictures in a minute.

It could be Black Dutch Bantam COMB, FACE AND WATTLES: Bright Red
BEAK: Dark bluish horn
EYES: Brown
EAR LOBES: Pure White
SHANKS and TOES: Dark slaty blue

BLACK PLUMAGE

Color of Male and Female

The quill and surface of every feather in all sections of the plumage, over the entire body, pure black. The head, hackle, back, saddle, sickles and wing bows of the male should have a rich beetle green sheen. The female should also show some brilliance of feather in the head, hackle, back, cushion and wind bows.
UNDERCOLOR: dull black.

Last edited:
Huh! I never thought of that!! I bet he is a Dutch. Here's another view of him. Unfortunately, I don't have a good view.

IMG_3198.jpg

YEP!! Looked on www.feathersite.com and sure enough! A black Dutch bantam! Thanks so much!! Becky, maybe that's what you have, too!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom