Please, someone reply that has hatched quail!

Cynthia12

Always Grateful
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Apr 11, 2010
Utah
I thought that quail only took 16 days to hatch. So, I went into lockdown on day 13. Nothing is happening, tomorrow will be day 16, thought I would see something pipped by now. Came one here, checked out a few threads..and I'm reading that it takes 18 days??! Not sure I why I didn't see 18 days when I checked threads before. And a friend has told me that it only takes 16 days.
What should I do? Is that right? 18 days? If so, I should have been turning the past couple of days but haven't. Should I now?
I was so looking forward to seeing these tiny little babies.

Button quail!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, I just realized I didn't include that..so I edited..button quail! Thanks for replying.

Thanks! I won't worry too much then.
smile.png
I'm so excited.

Ok, update. I have one that has been pipped since early this morning. Nothing more all day. I now have another that is cracked..pipped...How long? I thought they went pretty quick once they pipped.
I got my humidity up there, just hoping not to late for that. I got it up to 65 finally today. It's been around 55 to 58. They are due to hatch tonight. Maybe I'm just a bit..in a hurry?? Maybe my humidity was too low?

Should I help this first pipped baby out..it's been all day, since early morning??!

I have had them take up to 36 hours after pip...then out in minutes all by themselves. A little patience is all you need to do for now.

Back
Top Bottom