PLEASE talk me out of this???

MY GOD !!!! You are a friend and he is charging you $30 an hour ???????? Some friend he is
smack.gif

I would have fired him ages ago
th.gif

No, on putting them in the horse trailer

And no on putting them where they have access to your insulation......unless of course you are willing to pay the $30/hour "friend" to come back and spend the rest of the winter putting new insulation back up for you
lau.gif

All kidding aside, it is way past time for you to have a heart to heart talk with this guy. I have news for him, at $30 an hour to build a coop for a chicken flock, I wouldn't buy the "I get enough stress from my REAL job" excuse.
ep.gif
(Personally, I think it is time for him to become a REAL carpenter, and then you wouldn't have this problem.)

Since we're expecting cold nights for the next couple of days, I would go out and get a roll of hogwire, make a hoop coop in the garage, put down a lood layer of cardboard boxes, wrap the hoop in a blue tarp, and put something over the top if you think they can fly over 4'. At least if they are in the garage you have access to electricity if you need to give them a heat lamp.

And I'd get rid of the contractor!!

Quote:
You're right. And I'm gonna. If he quits, he quits.

I'm about out of daylight here and I'm still dinking around with this ink all over the carpet. But tomorrow I'm going to go finish the coop myself hopefully, or at least enough to get the big girls in it.

And then maybe Thursday I can start the coop for the 3 day old ones...ya know, the 25 peepers stinking up the guest room!
tongue.png

Quote:
I have a garage? Nooooo. I'd LIKE a garage. Ya got a hammer?
big_smile.png

Don't laugh: I asked this guy to build me one and he said he was too busy. So then I asked him to build a pumphouse over the hole in the ground where the well was (this is a realllllllllly run down Tobacco Road, embarrass-a-redneck kind of property...big time). Took him forever, but I did need it kinda special: I had him build it so the roof will come off for when the well fails.

Again. Yeah. It's that kinda place.

WildBurroShirts.com :

Quote:
"...until the stain is gone..."???????
hmm.png

I'm not a young woman. How long is this supposed to take? Had a friend bring over the 91% alcohol which seems to be helping more than the 70% was but it's a neverending process: more keeps wicking up.

Want a free boxer puppy?

And just for 'fun' the other dog tore up a camera while we were in photographing the chickens...they're all in trouble today!

It could take awhile, Try the peroxide method, that may bring up the ink where you can just soak it up and repeat as needed. The alcohol does take forever lol.
No puppies for me but ty
big_smile.png

See if your coop builder can tack something together that you can put in the basement. Cut a couple sheet of 1/2' plywood in 1/2 and make a box with a hinged side for access.

WildBurroShirts.com :

Quote:
hmm.png

I'm not a young woman. How long is this supposed to take? Had a friend bring over the 91% alcohol which seems to be helping more than the 70% was but it's a neverending process: more keeps wicking up.

Want a free boxer puppy?

And just for 'fun' the other dog tore up a camera while we were in photographing the chickens...they're all in trouble today!

This may not work for your carpet, but this is what happened on a job of mine:
I did a kitchen remodel with granite counter tops. After spending two days cutting, fitting and polishing the bullnose pieces with 10 grades of diamond grit, I figured I would number them on the back , so could remember where they would go when I came back the next day to set them. I reached in my pocket and grabbed my trusty Sharpie and marked a number on the back of each of them. I glued them on the next day and moved on to other things. When I returned the following day, my ink numbers had bled through to the surface. Nice blue blobs every 6 inches. I tried alcohol. Would have been better to use it on myself. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I soaked some towels in bleach and draped them over the spotted disaster. It took two days, but there was no trace of my screw up. So, if bleach doesn't dissolve your carpet, it will probably remove the stain, or give it that retro tie die look.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I think I'm gonna go with an appliance box if I can find one. Although it might not fit thru that door...might just duct tape the two other dog carriers I have (that the dogs broke) together and seperate them two to a cage to stop the fighting.

They're huge for so young! I bet the biggest one is over two pounds, maybe closer to 2.5.

I am gonna do what patandchickens recommended and try and wrestle that linoleum in tomorrow...it's pretty cold though. Horse troughs freezing up. Not sure if I'll break it trying to get it in there myself.

Quote:
hmm.png

Want a free boxer puppy?

It could take awhile, Try the peroxide method, that may bring up the ink where you can just soak it up and repeat as needed. The alcohol does take forever lol.
No puppies for me but ty
big_smile.png

Will peroxide stain a colored carpet? It's new, less than 3 months old.

Back
Top Bottom