PLEASE talk me out of this???

Quote:
"...until the stain is gone..."???????
hmm.png

I'm not a young woman. How long is this supposed to take? Had a friend bring over the 91% alcohol which seems to be helping more than the 70% was but it's a neverending process: more keeps wicking up.

Want a free boxer puppy?

And just for 'fun' the other dog tore up a camera while we were in photographing the chickens...they're all in trouble today!

This may not work for your carpet, but this is what happened on a job of mine:
I did a kitchen remodel with granite counter tops. After spending two days cutting, fitting and polishing the bullnose pieces with 10 grades of diamond grit, I figured I would number them on the back , so could remember where they would go when I came back the next day to set them. I reached in my pocket and grabbed my trusty Sharpie and marked a number on the back of each of them. I glued them on the next day and moved on to other things. When I returned the following day, my ink numbers had bled through to the surface. Nice blue blobs every 6 inches. I tried alcohol. Would have been better to use it on myself. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I soaked some towels in bleach and draped them over the spotted disaster. It took two days, but there was no trace of my screw up. So, if bleach doesn't dissolve your carpet, it will probably remove the stain, or give it that retro tie die look.
big_smile.png

Ack! I ground a ton of tile for the countertop and bathroom/bath surround...those grit pads are a pain in the butt. Glad you salvaged yours.

The carpet is a medium green color...afraid to use bleach.

For tonight, I believe I'm going to try Jack Daniels.

(not on the carpet, per se...)
lol.png

That ink is 'safe' right where it is: ain't nobody gonna be able to make off with it tonight. Need daylight for this disaster anyway.
tongue.png

WildBurroShirts.com :

Quote:
It could take awhile, Try the peroxide method, that may bring up the ink where you can just soak it up and repeat as needed. The alcohol does take forever lol.
No puppies for me but ty
big_smile.png

Will peroxide stain a colored carpet? It's new, less than 3 months old.​

It shouldn't , I have used it to get blood stains out from a female dog on dark magenta carpet with no problems, i have also used it on light grey carpet. Try it in an inconspicious(sp)? area just to be sure. For the day you have had
hugs.gif
ya may need to invite his buddy johnny walker too lol

Last edited:
azelgin

What a nightmare that must have been. I know what granite cost not to mention all your work. You must not have slept to well till that ink came out.

Quote:
Actually, it was more of an embarrasment than anything else. I looked like an idiot and I had been so good at hiding that fact until then.
tongue.png

It should take no longer than one weekend to throw together that size of a coop. I built a 12X14 coop in a little less than 3 day all by myself. I'm a contractor and I don't even get 30 bucks an hour?!! I'm 100% sure that you can hire ANY carpenter for 30 bucks an hour to build that coop in 2 days.

You probably should have got him to give you a set price for building the coop. Most builders won't fart around if they have bid a job at a set price because they know time is money. On the other hand, if you're paying by the hour then their time is your money and it's easier to let the job linger a little longer.

If the guy is doing it as a favor, well... 30 bucks an hour is by no means a favor. If he's your buddy then tell him you need to get it done faster so you're going to hire somebody to do it. I can't see this builder being your friend if he's charging you 30 bucks an hour and taking forever to get a 2-3 day job done.

Seriously... check other builders or go get a shed at Lowes or something and have them build it. lol I can't see how it would be more expensive than 30 bucks an hour.

30 BUCKS AN HOUR TO BUILD A CHICKEN COOP!!!?
hmm.png
sad.png

Quote:
I agree. BTW, handyness has no gender. Pick up some power tools. Better yet, fly me there for a weeks vacation and I'll build it in that week at $20 an hour AND take home the boxer puppy.

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

UPDATE: would have liked to post sooner but the brand new laptop died...took it back to Costco and had to dig this old one out of the attic.

They are IN THE COOP!

It's not 'done', but it's: insulated, wired, has light fixtures and a switch, has a block of wood for a handle and the door needs to be completed but is on and insulated.

Didn't let him cut out the next box holes since they're so young...wish I'd caught him before he cut the pophole and nestboxes from the outside because except for that it's got a ton of insulation: the rigid foam stuff I got half off.

And they LOVE it!

Since I have a 4 plug outlet I got brave and moved the 25 babies out there as well!

If you saw the mess they were making of the guest room, you'd know why.
hmm.png

Of course, it snowed the next night. But, there's three brooder lights on and the BSL's (10) are in a xmas tree plastic brooder stacked on TOP of the 15 Austrolorps, which are in a hardware cloth cage. I hung a netting so the big girls wouldn't climb on top and poop on them.

Did I mention that the big girls LOVE IT???
lol.png

They love looking out the windows. They also hang out and 'lounge' near the BA babies, who chirp nonstop at them thru the wire: I think the babies think that's Mom, ignoring them over there.

They're maybe not thrilled with the roost ladders I made...in the dark after a 14 hour day. But hey: they're in there! And now they all come up and eat strawberries out of my hand to celebrate. Or use me as furniture, even the timid ones.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

(But yes...I should have gotten a bid but this guy doesn't do that, only does hourly. And, unlike the 'pro's I hired who screwed up so much in the house...this guy did fix his mistakes on his own time, and doesn't smoke or pee in a corner of my basement or steal my tools. So, he's sort of a bargain, in a way. I'm going to get some camel jockey friends to work cheaper though to get the run put in, and keep him for stuff I can't figure out how to do, like repair the septic thing under the house and rewire stuff and hook up the stuff the pro electrician 'forgot'.)

I dropped three throwaway cameras off at Costco today and weather permitting will pick 'em up tomorrow to show you guys!

And more great news: my chicken diapers are en route! Yay!

How about a dog ex-pen? That's a portable fence, sections fastened together so you can make it any shape and then clip the ends together. You see them all the time at dog shows. they come in all heights, and you could lay a baby gate across the top to keep them in. You can fasten two or three together, too if needed. Only thing is to check the size of the openings, as tiny chicks or bantams could squeeze through some of them. Though you could line the bottom part with chicken wire or hardware cloth...

Check any dog supply catalog ( I suggest PetEdge or KV Vet as reliable and good quality, but PetSmart is likely to carry them, too). They're easy to clean with a scrub brush by laying them on the blacktop driveway or even in the grass, or leaning them against another fence or a building. When you don't need them, the sections fold up together like an accordian, so it's the size of one section, and maybe two or three inches thick. Easy to store, not too heavy, portable and flexible uses. What's not to like?

Back
Top Bottom