Please tell me I only have one boy!!...PICS

on second look id say maybe the last is also a girl (2nd GJ), really a bit young to tell, in a few weeks id re-post with new pics.

If it helps any... for Gretchen, she looks like my Seven at the same age:
DSCF4378a.JPG

Seven is now 24 weeks and about ready to start laying, she's turned red and started squatting this week, the silkie roo she's with has been courting her a heck of a lot this week though she hasn't 'accepted' when I've been out there. She does have thicker legs and slightly curved tail feathers but she is a she.

The other 2 EE's look like girls to me too...

For the giants, don't know but the first one looks boyish to me

We had 2 Black Jersey Giant "pullets", and one turned out to be a roo. They looked about the same at that age, but then one of them grew more quickly (the roo) and is now the size of a small dinosaur. They take much longer to mature than EEs. Keep an eye on the combs and wattles, also size and upright posture, and you should know in about 2 weeks!

I think Niquita and Bernie are your best bets for roos. The rest look girly to me, although a couple of them do have thick legs. But it's so hard to tell on EE's this early.

I am praying so hard right now that Bernie isn't a rooster. My mom won't let us keep a JG roo because they are so big (although I agree with this too). We have a couple of small birds (Fayoumis and a Hamburg)that might get hurt from such a big bird.

Just an update. Gretchen's face is a little more red than the others'. (I just noticed this today) Niquita acts the most like a boy, and I am still praying that Bernie isn't a boy.
hmm.png

Hi MikasGirl!

So I finally looked at your post, and before I read the other posts here, I saw Nikita's pics and thought "uh-oh", She looks like Mik when he was a baby!!! Ach! Please please please please let us have only one roo
fl.gif

When you look at your EE's Combs from the front, do you see 1 bump or does it look like there are 3 bumps. That is how I tell. I can not really see your bird's combs real well. I mark the chicks I think are boys and so far I am donig pretty good with my gueses.

Back
Top Bottom