Please tell me my Ameracauna is not a rooster

I love him sorry you have to find him a new home
hit.gif
he is such a handsome bird

Sorry you are getting all the news you didn't want...now you'll have to go out and find a replacement...or six, just in case:)
Oh yeah, the young roos I've had (before I re-homed them) began their young lives sounding like they were coughing up a hairball---they don't start crowing like you hear on TV or at the fair right away, takes practice...hence the hacking sound...just practicing! That might be what your alert husband heard?

It's not a rooster

OK I'm lying. But he's pretty.

If it makes you feel any better I have way too many roosters, because they always become my favorites.

welcome-byc.gif

Bobbie

where are you from? mabey someone here on BYC can take him in for you.. then you will know where he is. and if he lives close visit.

IF my coop was built I'd take him for you in a heart beat!> I'm going to be lookin for a Roo soon for when my chicks are grown. So next season I can have baby chicks.. I dont want my chickens Roo's Mating with his sisters and brothers.. and mom. so I'll be rehoming them. but Want to get a unrelated male.

let me know if your in GA and close to me.

EDIT:
OH if you are in ga.. when my chicks are old enough to determine gender. You'd be welcome to take one of them in replace of him, just a thought. be nice if I can't help if someone here could

I am hoping of the chicks I have to rehome It can be with BYC members. as we only plan to keep 4 or 5 chicks plus mom. then we were gonna get a rooster. I intend on breeding and selling chicks later on.. just with this batch being a STray chicken moving in and suprising me with 11 chicks!! I decided to share this batch lol.

Last edited:
you should also check with your local feed stores. There are several here in Portland that take in roos (no matter where you got them) and promise to re-home them with someone who won't use them for dinner
smile.png

Being such a pretty guy it shouldn't be hard to find him a new home. You will want to re-home him quickly, before he starts really crowing. It's loud and not exactly pleasant at first! Your neighbors will most definitely hear it.

I found him a home today. A man came and got him. He said he has other chickens so Im hoping he doesn't get eaten, which is what i put in the ad. He started crowing so loud at 6 am today that I had to put him inside in my kitchen so he wouldn't get me in trouble with the neighbors. If anyone knows where I can get a female let me know. Im having trouble in my area. Salt Lake City Utah.

Back
Top Bottom