Please tell me my favorite BR chick is a pullet.......

teddiliza

Songster
11 Years
Feb 1, 2008
St Louis MO (Jefferson County)
Oh, I hope so bad it is a she.....
It is so friendly and wants to perch on my arm unlike the other ones....

Here is a pic.

MysweetestBR2.jpg

I won't name it until I find out...
Can you help me?

I Guess that it is a she because of the dark feathers and black fronts on the leggs but I could be wrong.
Good Luck
Henry

girls usually have yellow legs with a shadow on front and boys have a yellow dot on head. looks to me like either a girl or a cross breed, i've never seen one with all black legs but then again i don't raise them so i haven't seen that many. girls usually show barring faster with boys looking black for a little before the barring comes in, cause females feathers grow faster.
silkie

How old is the chick? From my guess it's about 2.5 weeks old. A bit young to tell yet the gender, but that pink wattle there is a bit suspicious... Post a pic in 2 weeks and we can have a better idea...

that is a semi-auto sexing breed. u should be able to tell sex by features it has if it is a purebreed even at hatch. most times crosses u can tell also but it's not fool proof on the crosses.
silkie

It did have yellow legs with black stripes on the front last week! Now the legs are getting blacker though. I didn't even notice the wattle! I bought it Feb 28th from the 'week old bin' They were all black and white chicks. I assumed it was either BR or black sex link roo.

Oh, I'm biting my fingernails!

Back
Top Bottom