Please tell me this isnt a Roo~12wks

Momofthewild

Chirping
Apr 9, 2020
20211020_152236.jpg
20211020_152248.jpg
20211020_152225.jpg

The curved tail feathers are suspiciously roo like, as are the thick leg shanks.

I cannot quite see the pictures clearly enough to judge - but I'd be looking to see any evidence of pointy feathers developing in the saddle area.

Pointy = Roo
Rounded = Hen

At this time I'd "suspect" roo but would keep it around until more definite signs develop.

The curved tail feathers are suspiciously roo like, as are the thick leg shanks.

I cannot quite see the pictures clearly enough to judge - but I'd be looking to see any evidence of pointy feathers developing in the saddle area.

Pointy = Roo
Rounded = Hen

At this time I'd "suspect" roo but would keep it around until more definite signs develop.
Yes the longer tail feathers and bigger legs is what's making me suspicious too. It's really hard to tell the shape of its feathers. They're not very nice feathers. Is that common for lavender Ameracaunas? My Australorp Roo has gorgeous shiny feathers so I know they're nutrition is not the problem. And no sign of mites either.

Yes the longer tail feathers and bigger legs is what's making me suspicious too. It's really hard to tell the shape of its feathers. They're not very nice feathers. Is that common for lavender Ameracaunas? My Australorp Roo has gorgeous shiny feathers so I know they're nutrition is not the problem. And no sign of mites either.
That's the shredder gene commonly found in lavenders. With proper breeding it can be reduced but since lavenders are such a fad now, most breeders/hatcheries are in it for the money and just allow it to run rampant. I'll lean towards pullet so far but definitely update in a few weeks!

Back
Top Bottom