Please tell me what I bought?

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I think these are fawn/gingers, but I just want to be sure
smile.png

There are 2 of them, the bigger 2. There are also 2 fawn/ginger babies that I hatched from peepsnbunnies eggs, and 4 baby 'chickers', as my son would call them
roll.png

PICT0476.jpg

PICT0477.jpg

PICT0482.jpg

PICT0483.jpg

PICT0484.jpg

Sorry the pics are so washed out, but these are fawn/gingers, right?

Shelley!!!

No those are not fawn gingers!!

YOu have TRUE REDS!!!!

True red:
atruered.jpg

The true name for Fawn Ginger is "golden red" (as i know the breeder who produced the original color someone changed it along the way)

this is a Golden red (aka fawn ginger they can be sexed just like a brown or a golden the GR is on the left):
redgoldennexttoabrown.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Yippee!!!!
celebrate.gif
I thought they were reds, but I wasn't sure! That's what I came here for
big_smile.png
The guy says he hatches them all the time, so next week he's supposed to be bringing me some more!!
celebrate.gif
He only had the 2 this week
sad.png

ETA: But these aren't the reds like Sam has (red tux) right? How do I make those?
wink.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Yippee!!!!
celebrate.gif
I thought they were reds, but I wasn't sure! That's what I came here for
big_smile.png
The guy says he hatches them all the time, so next week he's supposed to be bringing me some more!!
celebrate.gif
He only had the 2 this week
sad.png

ETA: But these aren't the reds like Sam has (red tux) right? How do I make those?
wink.png

All a red tux is is just like a normal tuxedo a tibetan crossed with an A & M... or in this case a red crossed with an A& M.

So these are the same type of red then?? Whoohoo!! Those are so pretty!
love.gif
I really hope he remembers to bring me some more babies!!
fl.gif

Quote:
Let's just hope I don't have two boys or two girls!
fl.gif
Two girls wouldn't be that bad, but two boys would be a mess! When they get bigger, should I keep them with the fawn/gingers, or by themselves? Or is there another color I have that would be better with them? Too many colors!!
gig.gif

I got a new pair of quail the other day. I believe the hen I got is a Tibetan color but she has a white collar too... what would that be ? Tibetan tux? She also had a fawn colored one, but I didnt get that... I asked for it but she gave me a golden male.. and she didnt want to split up the other pair she had ... I wish I could get a pic but my digital is broke and I tried to get one with my cell phone but it takes horrible pics.

The main reason I went to see this woman was for some cages. I got two of these cages

http://www.ncws.com/mcdonald/cages_8.html

for the price of shipping a new one!!! They are cool, are built for buttons but I'm going to use
them for a pair of coturnix when I'm trying to get a specific color. or to just separate some or use for transporting or raising chicks.

The cages were cheap but the pair I got was $10! I may get the other two pair ... I'll have to see if I can get her price down a little hehehee

Back
Top Bottom