Please Tell Me Why?! *Not an emergency*

jbowyer01

Just Me!
14 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Hogansville, Georgia
Please explain to me why I will stand for long periods of time just staring at my eggs in the bator
lol.png
! I look through the little window check on the humidity and temp...seems stable..I dont open the bator unless its to turn the eggs (small batch only set 5 eggs). I just stare at it like something is going to happen! I'm only on day 8! It's like their calling my name like little aliens and I'm mesmerized (sp) by them!
roll.png
Now I could see if my little eggs were closer to the hatch date or even if they were little evil silkies that have put a spell on me but their not. Oh please, please, please explain this to me. My DH thinks I'm nuts!

If you're nuts, then so are the rest of us.
lol.png
I haven't tried incubating eggs yet, but I can totally see myself doing the same thing. Standing there staring, wondering what's going on inside the eggs, hoping everything is going right, counting the minutes until it's time to hatch. Don't know if there's any cure, you might just have to go with the insanity.
lau.gif

I know what you mean. I had 19 Naked Necks due to hatch on Saturday and nothing happend. Sunday some were heard chirping, by late Sunday night the only one that had pipped had not changed. I tried helping him out and so far he is still alive but not doing well. At day 18 when I stopped turning, I candled and all was well. I don't know what happend, but I am so sad and discouraged!
sad.png

You mean you aren't SUPPOSED to do that??????
idunno.gif
I am on day #4 of hatch # ubersomething and yeah, that is just the right thing to do!!!! I stand there counting down the seconds until I get to turn them again and candle them....I just LOVE touching them.

Nuts????? UH HUH!!!!! Sure am!!!
big_smile.png

Why? You've got the fever! Its just what hatchaholics do! Just wait til youre staring at them and you see one wiggle! and then peep! and then pip! and then zip! and then hatch! It just amazes me every time! Get a comfortable chair/blanket and a BIG bowl of popcorn and settle in! Good luck!
big_smile.png

Even my dog does that. I find him in the bathroom staring into the bator with his little tail up and wagging. He loves peeps! When I used my old bator with the wafer, it made a slight clicking noise as it went on and off. A few times the dog woke me up in the middle of the night and I followed him to the bator to discover the temperature was off. I think he could hear the clicks, and when they didn't come at the right intervals he told me about it.

Oh I feel exactly the same way! I just set 15 Light Brahmas in the incubator on Saturday night.... counting down the days! I'm glad it only takes 21 days!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom