please tell me your chickens names.

Well with 4 different people naming them here were we go:

RIRs-Peaches, October(The Hunt for Red),Loosey(escape artist), Ginger(Gilligans Island) Dawn(Red) and Fiera

Barred Rocks-Blizzard(DQ) Oreo, Jimmies(aka Sprinkles) and mEGGatron

BOs-Bumble Bee, Butter and Fluff

Cinnamon Queens-Dust, Caramel and Swirl

White Rocks(present)-Rocky Luciano(the Boss) Past-Elvis and Mayo(sent up state on a bachelor farm) and Charlie(RIP)

Hi
We have three 11 day old chicks:
Cinnamon is RI Red, Pepper is our Silver Laced Wyanndote, and Jubilee is our Plymouth Barred Rock

Yay what a fun thread!

Hens:
Darla
Drusilla
Ophelia
Iti
Carmelita
Peanut
Mumbles
Sorsha

Roosters:
Soot
Smudge
Goldbert
Nutmeg (yeah I know, we thought he was a she)

Wow...
Amazing the variety of names...
Ok, lets see...

Mofo
Henny & Penny (we have several that are almost identical.)
P-Diddy, Diddy or Diddilous (he or she has the funniest mutton chop feathers)
Peach
Pear
Uncle Louie
Crazy Neo (a Turken with mutton chops...also named after an uncle...don't ask! LOL)
The Gamgee Triplets (they're very eagle-esque so we called one Sam after Sam the Eagle on the Muppets, and that morphed into Samwise Gamgee from the Hobbit; so there you go).
The Shadow Sisters (both black and identical)
Poe (after the author AND the singer)
Gaga (a Turken who looks like she's wearing Joseph's coat of many colours)
Gloria ( a beautiful golden Turken who looks like Gloria Stewart, the older actress from Titanic)
Antonia (after my Mom-RIP)
Lupe (after my Aunt-RIP)
Belle (from the racy cable show "Secret Diary of a Callgirl-"Belle Du Jour:, the main character is a total fashion hound and wears an EXQUISITE feather collar)
Don ne' Dawn ( a beautiful buff and lavender Turken who since chick hood runs around crazy looking like Don Knotts playing Barney Fife)
The Brickle Brothers (three roos who all look like butter brickle ice cream melted all over them)
Sweetie Pie (sleeps in my lap)
Rosie Greer ( looks like the Brickle Brothers but has a rose comb)
Biscuit
Buttercup
Salt
Peppah
Four Players who have yet to tell me their names...
YES, I KNOW...I SPEND WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY TO MUCH TIME WITH MY CHOOKS!
yippiechickie.gif
:woot

I have 6 girls so I named them after the 6 girls in our family of 12 , that's right I named them after myself and my 5 sisters
ANNE
Dorthy
Lillian
Theresa
Esther
And mini me aka Brenda
This way I can't forget their names
And all of my sisters are honoured to have a chicken named after them

I have a few new girls this year. The black sex link makes the oddest noise, almost like a goose. So that is her name, Goose.
lau.gif

Im not overly creative, but my young Barred Rocks are now R2 J2. My older Barred Rock is "Rocky" so the youngsters are Rocky 2 and Junior 2. It comes from R2D2 in Starwars.

One of my Legghorns combs got a touch of winter freeze, so she is now "Frostbite"

Of the 7 chicks I bought in February, ony 4 survived. (side note still not sure why the others died). Anyway, they are the weirdest and craziest chickens I've been around, so they are coined "The Crazies" I almost went with the "4 horseman" but that didn't sound right.

I was thinking of getting some leg bands so i can tell the same breed apart. out of my 4 buff Orps, I can barely tell 2 apart. So they all share names
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom