Please tell what is so "great" about RP Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon guys. The OP shouldnt have started this thread. We've been here before and nobody wants to go back. I'm sure the mods will get to this soon.

Quote:
As the OP I am glad I started this thread. Plus everyone is being respectful so what does it matter to you? If you are not going to post about the topic then don't post at all.

Last edited:
Quote:
That is against BYC rules to do that.

I didn't mean bump really, just try to help. I have experience with hatching and the such, others have more in other stuff, I don't know. Just trying to think of a way to help without deleting all of the Rp's.
Either way it was just an idea.
hmm.png

There are to many Rp's still, I know they are starting to push more stuff down.

Last edited:
Quote:
Because they don't understand them. They should just ignore them and go on about their business rather than ruin someone else's fun.

It is kind of hard to ignore them when they are all over the forum!

There are other fun threads too, like WriterofWords pointed out. Just because you dont like it or understand them doesnt mean we all have to stop playing them. We RP'ers think these kinds of threads are getting ridiculous

Going to the unanswered posts and trying to help them by replying is not against rules, and It's a good idea to do so that people don't think they are just being ignored. I think that is a fine idea.

My two cents here. . .

I think roleplaying is fine, it is a part of the "Games and Fun" part in Games, Jokes, Fun. However there is indeed a difference in them and, say, the Random Ramblings section. The Random Ramblings section is for off-topic discussions. A lot of them are in fact educational, important in life, or in general, filled with discussion involving more than 3 words and more than 4 participants. The problem with most, but not all, RP's here is that they contain very few participants for such a vast thread, and for so many threads in general, and MOST of those posts contain at a maximum, 5 words. That there is called spamming.

There's the fact that there are SO many RP's, most of them containing the SAME members as the next RP, and there are SO many that are so dreadfully similar to one another that there really is no point in creating the second or third except to heighten post counts. And to add to that, a lot of the so-called RP's are simply "clubs" where one posts their info on their created character, then, well, that's it. After that there's little to no actual role playing, just "fillers" - Basic talk like "wow your guy is cool" or "twilight sucks!" and so on. Nothing relative to an actual role play.

I find nothing wrong with roleplaying, I used to do it too when I was young and in school, but I certainly didn't create and participate in so many roleplays and post so many replies that have little "value" (few words, obvious responses, a simple smiley, etc) I also would let other people get in on a topic. If there are only about 3-4 participants, I drop the subject or try and invite other people in. Otherwise, there's using Instant Messaging or Chatrooms or PMing for that.
wink.png

So, I do agree with M to the Maxx, but I also agree that posting this can indeed cause some issues with disagreeing. Sadly the ones who cause the disagreement and trouble are the ones defending their RPs in a negative way. Let it go, people. This thread isn't going to get locked anytime soon because to your surprise, we're discussing this relatively smoothly.
smile.png
We non-RPers are in fact allowed to state our opinion nicely, and we are also allowed to let some other "games and jokes" roll in without such over-crowding of RP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom